24 ; Forehead Kisses

"Okay, you're gonna do great!" Joan encouraged, squeezing both of Stiles' hands. "You've been practicing for the past week and Scott's been helping you on the weekends. You got this!"

          "Thank, Joan!" Stiles replied, his grin widening. Joan quickly stepped up on her tiptoes before pressing her lips to his. Their foreheads knocked together causing the two to laugh. "Sorry," Joan stuttered between laughs, rubbing Stiles' forehead with her hand.

          The two kissed once more, making sure not to smash their foreheads against each other once again. "Stilinski! Get over here right now! You can kiss your girlfriend after the game!" Coach yelled, stomping his foot against the dirt ground in annoyance and anger.

           "I should probably go," Stiles said, his eyes looking from Joan to Coach. Joan nodded, placing a quick kiss on Stiles' cheek before stepping back, "Go beat some private school ass!" Stiles nodded, chuckling lightly as he ran over to Coach.

           Joan turned around, quickly grabbing the sign she had made for Stiles during her free period. In bright, blue letters the sign read: 'GO #24!'. In her opinion, the sign was boring and unoriginal, but Stiles had shot down all of the other phrases she wanted to put on her sign because they were either too 'vulgar', 'embarrassing', or 'punny'.

           The brunette quickly walked over to the bleachers where she had previous placed the first aid kit to save herself, the Sheriff, and Malia seats. "Look who we've got here?" a voice spoke from behind her.

          "Brett! Good to see you're not dying thanks to a poisoned blade," Joan explained, grinning at the taller beta.

           Brett smiled, nodding his head, "You and me both. I just wanted to thank you, for saving me from Violet. I'd probably be dead if it weren't for you."

           Joan shrugged nonchalantly, "No problem. I'm glad to know you're okay. But, just between you and me, you're definitely loosing this game."

          Brett laughed, shaking his head in disagreement, "I don't know, Joan. Without Scott and Kira, that may be a bit more difficult."

         "Whatever you say, Talbot. Whatever happens happens, but you better not get hurt this time."

          "Noted," Brett replied, sending Joan a wink before running onto the field. Joan chuckled, quickly taking a seat on the cold bleachers. Several minutes later Malia and the Sheriff arrived.

          Stiles looked over his shoulder to see his loved ones smiling brightly at him. Joan sent him two thumbs before showing him the sign. He grinned, jokingly sighing in relief when he saw it. The Sheriff and Malia watched the two interact with smiles on their faces.

           The Sheriff was happy that his son had finally found someone. The longer he watched him and Joan interact the more he was reminded of himself and Claudia when they had first met. They were so happy and in love. He could easily see that in Stiles, his son who'd been through hell too many times to count. Stiles deserved that, to be happy, and that's what Joan gave him. Complete and utter happiness.

»

          "I'm sorry."

           Joan quirked an eyebrow at Stiles, looking over at him as they drove to Derek's loft, after the lacrosse game, in hopes of finding Scott and Kira. "Why are you sorry?"

          Stiles shook his head, tightening his hold on the steering wheel to the point where his knuckles turned white, "I was supposed to take you on a date after the game, not on a sudden search for Scott... I'm sorry I can't do that."

          "Stiles," Joan cooed, turning in her seat to look directly at the boy, "you don't need to be sorry. It's not your fault that Scott and Kira are missing. Plus, we can always go on a date another time!"

          "Yeah, but I had the perfect date planned for you. It was gonna be all romantic and awesome!" Stiles countered, shaking his head roughly.

           "I can only imagine what it would be like, but as long as I'm with you I'm happy. You don't need to go above and beyond for me."

          "Yes I do," Stiles replied softly, causing Joan's eyes to widen. "You deserve a perfect, supernatural-free date under the stars with a guy who cares about your wellbeing more than his own. You care so much for everyone else, Joan, that you never think of yourself."

          Stiles rolled the car to a stop at a stop light, allowing him to actually look over at Joan. A small smile was placed upon her lips as she looked at Stiles in awe. Her heart fluttering from Stiles' statement about her. Joan couldn't remember the last time someone had made her feel this special.

          "You're too good for me, Stilinski," Joan whispered, her eyes flickering down to his lips.

          Stiles laughed, not agreeing with Joan one bit, "No, I don't deserve you." Without a second thought, Stiles crashed his lips upon Joan's.

»

         The duo and the Sheriff finally made it to Derek's loft, their eyes wide once they saw the large mess that covered the room.

         "What the hell happened?" Stiles asked, his eyes roaming from a broken chair to the flickering light bulbs that hung from the ceiling.

          Derek shook his head, just as confused at Stiles, "It was supposed to be a date."

          "They were both here?"

          Braedon nodded, a stern look crossing her features, "And they're both gone."

          Joan shook her head, walking around the room in hopes of finding some form of a clue as to where Scott and Kira might have gone. Her eyes landed on the large hole in the window across the room. Something big and powerful must have come in, Joan thought, her mind racing with possible scenarios and theories.

          Stiles' phone's ringtone broke her out of her trance, causing the brunette to rush over to his side. "Hey," Stiles said, immediately answering the phone once he saw it was Lydia.

          "Scott's been taken," Lydia informed, her heart pounding in her chest as she looked over at Deaton.

          "Scott and Kira," Stiles corrected, running his fingers through his hair. "We just don't know where."

          "Mexico," Deaton spit out as if the word left a sour taste in his mouth. "And if you want to save his life, that's where you're going too."

          Stiles and Joan looked at each other nervously, knowing exactly who took Scott and Kira: "Kate."

»

I hope you guys liked this short, fluffy chapter!

Only one more episode left till this book is done.... Will they find Scott and Kira? Will Stiles ever do well during a lacrosse game?? When will Stiles and Joan finally go on a date???

These questions will be answered all in time! ;)

– Logan