Chapter 6- My New Bully

~1 week later ~
I woke up to the sound of my alarm buzzing. I was finally well enough to go back to school, but I was dreading it. I roll out of bed and head into the bathroom. I get ready, dressing in a black hoodie that says California on the front and black ripped up skinny jeans. I straighten the waves out of my hair and decide just to leave it down. I put on a black choker and some black and white Nike sneakers and head out the door. My appetite still has not returned, so I decide to skip breakfast. It is now mid October, so it is getting chilly. That's a good thing for me; it is easier to hide my scars.

I walk to the bus stop, and I am met by Grayson Dolan, the school wide known bad boy and the star of the basketball and football team. He stands at an intimidating 6 feet, especially since I am only 5'6. He is muscular with a sharp jawline; he looks like he is 20. If he wasn't always bullying people and being mean, and I wasn't so unpopular, I might even consider dating him. We lock eyes, and he begins toward me. I can't help but admire his hazel-ish colored eyes with specks of green. You could get lost in those beautiful eyes.

In a second, he has me by the collar of my hoodie, and is shaking me.
"Look who finally came back!" He taunts.
I keep my mouth shut to prevent myself from getting hurt worse than I already will be. He punches my nose, and I instantly feel a nose bleed begin.
Hot blood spills down my face as he yells at me. The metallic taste permeates my mouth and burns the cuts that Jake left on my chin. "Don't even think about touching Haley," he taunts. He throws me down to the ground as the bus pulls up. I see Haley out of the corner of my eye. She smirks at me, puts her arm around Grayson, pecks him on the cheek, and climbs onto the bus. I sheepishly crawl on and sit by myself, but it doesn't end there. Grayson walks over and sits beside me. "Are you afraid of me?" He taunts. I keep my mouth shut, because talking will only make things worse than they already are. "Have you been hiding at home, crying?" He mocks. "Well?" He says impatiently. "Aren't you gonna say anything?" He smirks. I remain silent. I brace myself as his fist slams into my shoulder. It immediately begins to throb with pain. He walks away laughing and sits back down next to Haley.

School is no better. I have 3 classes with Grayson: Algebra II, Chemistry, and worst of all, PE. When I open my locker at school, crumpled pieces of paper with curse words written on them tumble out all over me and onto the floor, making me late for my first class. When I walk in late to Algebra II, Grayson points it out to the teacher and makes some kind of rude joke that I ignore. Through all my classes, I stay silent and doodle in my notebook. At lunch, I sit at a completely empty table and check my phone to make myself look less awkward than I feel. I look longingly at the group of girls behind me. They are all smiling, talking, and laughing. Their discussion fills the room with a joyful aura. I imagine myself, sitting next to them, smiling, talking, and laughing with them. Just then, I feel a paper ball hit the back of my head. I turn to see Jake laughing at me and turn back around to see that Grayson has taken my lunch tray and dumped in the trash. I wasn't really that hungry anyway.

Chemistry is miserable as well. We do a new lab in assigned groups of 5. Of course, Grayson and I are together. My group jokes around the whole time and does no work or anything science related, except for smashing a beaker and blaming it on me. Great. Now I have to buy a new one.

PE is the worst. We play touch football, and like usual, I am picked last. Grayson, my team captain, throws me crappy passes, so I miss all of them. Halfway through, I tell the teacher I have a stomach ache, so I just hide in the bathroom and listen to my favorite bands for the rest of the time.

When I get home, I discover Grayson has joined the community of people who bully me on Twitter. His latest post reads:
"I love you so much Haley, and I am glad we are finally together. Don't worry, I'll protect you from that f***** up kid that keeps trying to hurt you."

I feel tears rising. Everyone is commenting 'OTP' and 'So CUTEE' and 'Someone is finally gonna do something about that loser'. I grab my sketch pad and begin to draw Grayson. I shape his broad shoulders and muscular arms. The jawline is tricky, but after a few tries, I get it perfect. Then I draw an arrow, piercing his heart. The tip of a bow peeks out from the corner of the paper. Blood gushes from his wound. Then I draw Haley, crying over him. I make her expression almost angry, and shade her face red. Is this really what I want? Is revenge seeing Grayson and Haley hurting too? Will that really make me feel better? Will it take away the pain? Maybe its not. Maybe I just want them to stop hating me. But what kind of person gets bullied, but wants to protect their bullies? I am way too gentle with other peoples feelings, even when they don't care about mine.

I reopen my laptop and a notification pops up. I read the comment on Grayson's post and almost faint.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cliff Hanger! Sorry this chapter is pretty crappy. It's pretty late so I'm going to bed. Good Night
-Erica