BAZ

Over all, Christmas is happy for us. We have a small dinner together, Snow and I, and we give each other the gifts we forgot to give earlier. Simon gets me a watch, which he says Bunce enchanted with an unbreakable charm. He looks almost embarrassed when he gives it to me, but I definitely don't care. I know he misses magic, so I give him a hug when he hands me it. I tell him that I already gave him his present, and he looks confused for a second before he laughs. When Bunce calls Simon, we're sitting on the couch, watching some random movie that's on. Snow's half asleep and hasn't been paying attention, and I've been watching him the whole time. I wrap my hand around his. Just as I'm about to lean my head on his shoulder and sleep, his phone starts buzzing. He yawns, only half awake, and grabs it. "What, Penny? I was sleeping," he grumbles with yet another yawn. How can one person yawn so much? Snow sits up suddenly, clearly rattled. "Does that mean-" I can hear Bunce cut him off. His face lights up like a Christmas tree. (Ironically.) "Thanks Penelope. I have to tell Baz! Bye."
He looks at me with one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen on his face. "The magic came back to those first few places that were drained. They're no longer dead," he says, looking at my face like he's about to explode. "Penny's dad thinks that there may be a chance I'll get my magic back, if my parents really were mages."
I look at him, surprised and giddy. "That's great! Then you can finally get rid of that fucking tail," I joke pulling him into me and scratching my face on the tip of his wing. "The wings, too."
He smiles up from in my arms and kisses me fiercely.
***
Simon fell asleep a few minutes ago. He has his wings wrapped around himself (as always), and I wrap my arms around his wings, placing my head against his neck. I'm thinking about how great our wedding will be, but that we don't know how to plan it. I think about who to invite as well. Obviously Bunce, because Simon wouldn't have been able to function without her. I think of Wellbelove with a sadistic smile. That's a definite no. Then I think of my family. What will they think of this? Fiona will go crazy knowing I married the Mage's Heir, and Father will be disappointed that I really am queer and that I didn't pick someone who was still a mage. They probably won't let me see my siblings, then, if that's how they feel. My sisters may be annoying, but they're still my sisters. I realize I've chosen love over my family and that scares me. Will I really never speak to them again? The thought of losing them all depressed me, and I hold back a sob. What have I done now? I can't make myself pick between Simon and my family. I can't make myself do that. My eyes fill up, which surprises me. I'm glad I'm with Simon, though. He's the only person who could actually comfort me in this situation. I wrap my arms around him a bit tighter. He shifts over to face me, moving my arms off of him in the process. He must've been awake the whole time. I can see the concern on his face. "Are you okay?"
I wipe a tear off my cheek. "I think so."
"What's wrong?" He's definitely more concerned than I though he would be.
I almost tell him, but I'm so tired. "I'll tell you in the morning," I say sleepily, leaning into his chest.
He smiles and wraps his arms around me. "If you say so."
****
When I wake up the next morning, Simon has wrapped his arms and legs around my torso and waist. Thankfully he didn't wrap that tail around me, too, or I would've gone crazy. I can't get up, even if I try. I close my eyes again and murmur, "Morning, Simon."
He snaps his eyes open. I must look uncomfortable, because his eyes widen and he quickly unravels his legs from around my waist. "H-hi Baz."
The fact that he's embarrassed makes him one hundred percent cuter (if that's even possible anymore). I want to kiss him so badly, but he has terrible morning breath, and I'm sure I do too. I settle for kissing the mole on the side of his neck. He smiles, but it fades quickly. "What were you so worried about last night?"
I sigh, the happiness from waking up with him fizzling out. "I didn't exactly mention that we are getting married to my family."
He sits up, still holding my hand. "Are you worried that they'll disown you or something?"
I sneer. "Or something."
He shakes his head, his curls bouncing everywhere. "I'll always be beside you, okay? You're stuck with me now. And besides, the Mage is-" he stutters, "g-gone. They can't hold that against me still, right?"
The strain in his voice scares me. I know he's been coping with the loss of Ebb and the Mage, but I never really realized how much it had affected him. The first few months, he didn't talk to anyone but Bunce and me, really, and then he kept getting better and better. Now he can function much better, but it's probably still eating away at his insides. His life is more impacted than I thought. I sit up next to him and put my arm around his back. "Hey," I say lightly, "don't worry about me. My sisters won't care, and that's really who I'm worried about. Can you imagine Mordelia's face when I tell her? 'Hey, Mordelia, meet my new husband, the famous kid who we tried to kill!'"
He giggles, even though I was just talking about how we tried to kill him. An actual fucking giggle. All of the sudden, he's giggling like a schoolgirl. Crowley, Snow, you're adorable. I can't fight it any longer. I pull him into a kiss. He wraps his arms around my torso and kisses me back. Almost like a challenge. Challenge accepted.
--
AN
this one is longer than before.
lol no one is reading this but if you are follow my tumblr @/penguin-flight
can we just appreciate the cuteness?
comment suggestions here (or legit anything else no one is reading this)
-Jj