BAZ

"What do you mean, there's two of them?" I ask Jason over the phone.
He sighs. "Walden Lafayette looks like Quendon not because he is him, but because he's his twin. Walden died thirteen years ago. Quendon's real name is Phil Lafayette, unless he got married and changed it to his wife's name."
"Did you find any marriage records with his name on it?"
"No, not yet."
"Alright. I'm going to do some digging. Thank you."
"No problem," Jason responds and hangs up.
I check my watch. It's about 10:45. Bunce has to be up, but I don't want to bother her. I turn the laptop back on and realize that I have no plan. I sigh and shut it. Penny walks in and heads for the kitchen.
"Bunce, I need your help," I say as she walks by.
She stops. "Did you find anything?"
"Yeah. Do you have any of the marriage minutes you used to have at your house?"
"You think Quendon is married? And that he changed his name?" she asks.
I nod.  Then I yawn.
Penelope sees this and rolls her eyes. "Did you sleep at all, Baz?"
I shake my head sheepishly.
Bunce laughs, then becomes solemn at once. "You aren't going to be able to sleep, are you?"
I nod. I'm not in the mood to chat right now. Sleep sounds great, but I can't, not without knowing where Snow is.
Penny pulls out her phone and calls her dad. I start to drift off, but I snap my eyes back open. I need to figure this out before I do anything else.
Penelope hangs up the phone. "My dad's looking for anything in his collection of them. I didn't takes any with me here, so we'd have to go there."
"Okay," I say blearily. I'm exhausted, but I don't want to sleep.
"Crowley, Baz, you need to sleep! I'll go later, you just sleep. Please," Bunce says, looking at me. I want to object, but I can already feel my eyes closing. I nod, then I fall asleep.
***
Penelope wakes me up when she drops her stuff down. I sit up groggily, and she walks over to the couch where I fell asleep.
"You've been asleep this whole time?" she asks.
"How long has it been?" I respond, checking my watch. It's four in the afternoon. I've been asleep for six hours.
"I got the file," Bunce says, putting it down on the coffee table. "Quendon married some lady named Dina Quendon."
I'm awake now. "So let's look for her!"
Penny sighs. "I did. She's dead, too."
I lean back on the couch. "Now what?"
"Well, if you kidnapped someone, what would you do?" she asks.
I glare at her.  I am not in the mood for the whole "you're a villain, how do we defeat other villains?" thing. "You actually think-"
"Crowley, Baz, chill. Not what I meant. I mean, we have to think like our adversary. I know what I'd do," Bunce says. "I'd take away all forms of communication, then send a ransom note! We have to wait for the note."
I sneer. "Quendon wouldn't do that. He's too smart to give information like that away so easily."
Just as I finish, a note flies through the window, independent of any birds.
Bunce smiles triumphantly. "Told you."
I'm not listening. I stand up and grab the piece of paper. Sure enough, it's a note. Signed with a Q. I scan through it, then throw it down on the table. "No way. No fucking way."
Penelope picks it up and read it out loud. "Ms. Penelope Bunce-
You are currently harboring a dangerous and manipulative vampire by the name of Tyrannus Basilton Grimm-Pitch. I am currently harboring your friend, Simon. I believe that if we were to switch persons, we would both benefit from it. Send a response back using the spell "Hello from the other side". If you do not decide to respond, or decide to respond no, then I will terminate Simon's life. You have three days. Thanks, Q."
"Well, on a scale from one to ten, how fucked are we?" I sigh, sitting down and putting my head in my hands.
"Stop. There's always a way around this. We can't respond no, and we can't not respond, so we have to say yes. But,-"
I cut her off before she finishes. "You know he's just going to kill me instead, right? And probably not let Simon go?"
Penny sigh. "Let me finish, Baz. We say yes, ask where to 'leave' you, then we get together as many people we can to infiltrate the place."
I shake my head. "He isn't going to tell us where his place is. Let's see if he has any relatives he'd feel the same we do right now. Hopeless."
"How?" Bunce asks, looking very confused. I never thought I'd see the day where Penelope Bunce was confused.
"To the library we go," I respond.