BAZ

"Should we get a wedding planner?" Simon asks me in the morning. He hasn't brushed his hair yet, so it's knotty and unkempt. Simon tries to sort it out with his fingers.
"I think we should," I respond, taking out some bacon and putting it in a pan. I turn the stove on and continue to fry my bacon.
Simon yawns as he stretches and the bottom of his shirt comes up when he does. I have to resist the urge to pull the hem down, and Simon in to me.
"I'll ask Penny. You think she knows?" he asks.
I stare out the window at the mass of snow everywhere. "I don't know, actually. You ask her though. Maybe she does."
Simon smiles at me and grabs some cereal out of the cupboard. "I'm glad we don't have school today. That means we have a whole day for us," he says, sneaking up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist. I jump, and he laughs.
Simon Snow, you are going to be the death of me, I think, but I don't care. I turn around to face him and make sure he can see my smile. Then I kiss him. I love you so fucking much, Simon. Nothing will take you away from me. Ever.
****
Simon hangs up his phone and sighs. "Penelope didn't know of anyone. She's setting up her own," he says, sitting down next to me on our couch.
I shrug. "Guess we'll have to result to the old fashioned way: the Internet."
Simon snorts. "Let's go out for dinner or something. I don't wanna think about planning this right now."
"You never think anyway, though," I deadpan.
He stares at me, then rolls his eyes mightily. "You had to go there. Again."
I look at him and sneer. "What else did you expect?"
"Nothing," he sighs, then smiles, "which is why I love you."
"Let's get food, alright?"
He nods, grabs his coat and strolls out.
I follow suit.
****
We end up at a little place near our flat. Over dinner we discuss everything and anything, (including but not limited to: the time I threw a pineapple a Penelope when she kicked me out of their flat, whether Simon should get a haircut, the time Priya stole my phone at Penny's, and the old man in the park who thought we were his grandchildren) eventually earning strange looks from the Normals around us. Simon laughs when he realizes this. We eat slowly, passing time together. After we finish and pay, we walk home. Simon gets in the shower, so I grab my violin. I haven't practiced in a long time, so the piece I was learning sounds really bad to me. I finish the song and sit down on the couch. I missed playing. I play a song I've known and loved for a while. It isn't as smooth as it used to be, but still sounds good enough. Snow walks in as I finish. He smiles when he sees me playing. "I haven't heard you play in a while," he says, sitting down next to me. His hair is still slightly wet.
I go to put away my violin, but Simon puts a hand on my shoulder. "Play me a song?"
I roll my eyes, but I pull out the final song I still remember how to play. Once I finish, Snow smiles and leans his head on my shoulder. I put my violin away carefully and lean my head on Snow's. He picks his head up and kisses my nose. I smile and kiss his forehead. He yawns, and I laugh. He rolls his eyes and says, "I'm going to bed, Baz."
He stands clumsily, and something about him seems wrong. His eyes look too bright, and the edges of his body seem blurred. Simon's wings are stretched out and brighter red than normal. I shake my head and close my eyes, to see if that changes my vision to normal. It doesn't. He's glowing.
"Simon?" I ask tentatively.
He stands there, looking a million miles away, when the light in his eyes go out. His body crumples, and all I can do is catch him before he falls.