Chapter Nineteen: Scare 'Em Off

19) has the nerve to get irritated when you scare off said dates. (Best method? Wear spandex shorts and one of his shirts. Guaranteed success. Works like a charm... every time.)

He brought more girls like Veronica home over the course of the next few months. It was torture. So I developed a system to get rid of them. I'll tell you a couple of the stories.

Macy-

This chick was tall and blonde with big blue eyes. I could've sworn she was a cheerleaders. I'd never met her but I knew enough about her from Josh talking and social media. She didnt neccesarily strike me as his type. And she definitely wasn't, in the end. They weren't together for very long. A month at most.

Like with every other girl, Josh gave me multiple warnings about bringing her home. The last warning I received was a text from.him as he pulled into the parking lot. I peeked out the window. They were walking slow as she festered forward in her 6-inch stillettos. She was already tall. How much taller did she feel the need to be? Gosh.

Their pace gave me enough time to follow through with my last minute impulse decision. I threw my hair into a cute but messy bun and began to dig hurriedly through the drawers. Josh's flannel. My Nike spandex. What more needs to be said?

I plopped to the couch and flopped on the TV. Luckily enough, Pretty Little Liars was on and it was an episode I'd already seen so it didn't matter that I was watching from the middle of it.

I could hear Josh fumbling with the keys at the door. Here we go. This will be fun. I couldn't stand having any more girls around here.

"Hey Maya!" Josh called out, hanging his coat on the hook.

"Hey Josh." I stood up, walked over, and gave him a hug. "Oh, you must be Macy. I'm Maya."

I stuck out my hand for her to shake. But she wouldn't.

"I'm not infected." I informed her, noting her obvious hesitation.

"J-Josh... Are you cheating on me?" Her bottom lip quivered like she was going to cry.

"What? No! Of course not! Why would you say that?" He seemed confused. Then I realized, he's a guy. He's not paying any attention to what I'm wearing since it's not anything he doesn't like on me.

"Then why is she here and wearing your clothes?" Macy questioned.

"'Cause why not? Wouldn't you?" I snapped.

"I'm leaving. I'm sorry I even got into this mess." Macy turned and stormed out the door. She looked goofy because of her heels but she actually made it down the hall without falling on her face.

"What the heck, Maya?" Josh also stormed away and slammed his door.

I was left standing along in the kitchen, looking like I was wearing no pants.

Jessica-

She had bright red hair, green eyes and freckles and wasn't exactly skinny. (Yes. She's chubby.) She also didn't strike me as Josh's type. He seemed to be dating a lot of girls like that lately. Once again, I had several warnings before she actually was over at the apartment. This time, difffernt from the others, they went to lunch and the movies so I had more time to prepare.

I showered and blow dried my hair. Then I straightened it and lotioned with Josh's favirite Bath & Body scent on me. I put on a minimal amount of nude makeup and accentuated some of the freckles on my face. I then picked out a cute outfit for myself. This time it was not spandex shorts and one of Josh's flannels. It was a pair of faded blue skinny jeans and a lacy gray shirt. My gold locket hung around my neck. I couldn't he'll but stare at myslef in the mirror. And then I heard laughing outside the door.

I took a deep breath and strode out of the bathroom, exuding confidence. Here it goes. It's now or never. I don't think I would ever get another oppurtunity to pull this risky stunt.

Josh had told me all about Jessica, but I think he neglected to tell her about me. She seemed so confused when she sawme standing in the kitchen.

"Josh, who's this?" She furrowed her brow.

"Babe, who is she?" I asked. I approached him and threaded my arm through his, "Are you cheating on me?"

I forced my eyes to well up with tears. I was mildly good at acting and could put on quite the show. Josh wasn't answering. He seemed stunned, and confused. He probably didn't know why I was pulling this on him. Frankly, I didn't know either. I guess I just wanted all these girls gone.

Josh still stood speechless in silence.

"I... uh... um..."

Jessica broke out into tears. She was sobbing heavily and her mascara ran in black streams down her cheeks.

"I can't believe you would do this to me. I thought you were so much better than that." She sniffed.

"Jessica, I can explain. She's not my-"

I cut him off. "Excuse me? We're not doing this again. You said you loved me. Do you mean to tell me that all this time you've been lying?" I was making this up on the spot. And if I put myself in Jessica's shoes, this argument was pretty reasonable and believable.

"You know what, Josh? Go to her. I'm not gonna get mixed up with a cheater." Jessica stormed out, like Veronica had. They always seemed to surrender and storm out. Not cry and run away as expected.

Josh turned to me, heartbroken.

"Maya," he asked, "Why do you do this to me?"

A/N: I ended the first story on a goofy note and the second one on a sad note. We all need a little variety. Why not have a variety of opposites? Please let me know what you thought. I'll try to get the next chapter out soon. Thank you my lovelies. Keep reading. I love y'all.

Disclaimer: Macy and Jessica are mine, but Maya and Josh are not. The latter belong to Disney Channel. I only wish they were mine.

Follow, vote, comment.