Chapter Twelve: Warmth

12) warm hugs and curdles: insanely amazing and will turn you to goo. Avoid at all costs. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Everyone has bad days. You've had at least one; I know you have. I often have bad days. And today was one of those days.

I was having daddy problems again. Now most of you are probably thinking something among the lines of "Oh, this crap" or "Really? Of all things she's gonna rant about this?" But trust me, my problems are gonna make you feel sorry that you ever thought those thoughts.

I had attempted to patch things up with my dad every since he moved back to New York, but my dad doesn't approve of Shawn (or Corey) taking over a fatherly role in my life. And now that I've come back to him, my father wants me to break those special bonds I've made with them. I have refused more than once. He usually only brings up the subject when he's having problems of his own. Today he brought up that subject.

"Maya, I don't know how many times I'm gonna have to tell you. I'm your father now. Not those two other men. It's time to tell them good-bye." He demanded.

As usual, I defied. I love Corey and Shawn and I would never let anyone take them out of my life. I stuck up for myself and what I believed was right. And I got slapped. My own father slapped me right across the face. (Wait, I don't even know why I call him my father. Sure he's the reason of my whole exsistence, but he never played that important role in my life.) This wasn't the first time my father abused me. He has done it before. And with this abuse comes a threat: If I ever tell anyone, he'll hurt me more than ever and he'll find a way to hurt those that I love. So I'm taking a huge risk telling this story. Hear me now and don't ignore this.

(Line break)

I was sitting on the kitchen counter in the apartment, holding a bag of frozen peas to my cheek. I was really hoping that there wouldn't be a handprint or bruise because Josh or Riley would question. I was lucky that for once Josh wasn't home. I don't know how I would've explained this dreadful situation to him if he was.

And it was like just thinking about him brought him home. I tossed the bag of peas in the sink and pulled out my phone to seem occupied.

He tosses his keys on the counter... and noticed the peas. Dang it!

"Why are these in the sink, Maya?" He asked.

"I was gonna eat them for dinner." I lied.

"Maya, you hate all my weird health foods, especially peas."

I was caught. I didn't say anything.

"Maya... What's going on?" Josh clearly knew that something was up.

And that's when I burst out crying. I just needed to get it off my chest. But I couldn't believe that I was doing it in front of Josh. He seemed totally accepting of it and pulled me into his chest. It was a big, warm hug that lasted a while. It was amazing. He just held me there. It made me feel loved and secure. I never wanted him to let go. I don't know how long it lasted, but it felt like an eternity.

A/N: what do you think? I know, that one was a little deep. If you don't like it, just say so and i'll change it, but it'll take a lot of your objections for me to change something. I'm not very easily swayed. Please let me know what you think. Thanks for reading.

Disclaimer: I do not own the Girl Meets World characters and I'm not 100% positive that Maya's father is actually like that so don't automatically think of him as abusive, bossy, and rude. That was just my portrayal.

Follow, vote, comment.