Chapter Thirty-Four: Too Early

34) works out on weekends at ungodly hours of the morning. Like 5-7 am

My peaceful Saturday morning was interrupted by the sound of odd classical music and heavy breathing. It's was like 5:30 am. What the heck was going on? It's a weekend. Who the heck would even be awake at this ungodly hour?

I stumbled out of my room to find Josh sprawled out on the living room floor doing sit ups. I paused and stood silently in the corner of the room, watching. He then flipped over and began a series of push-ups, followed by crunches, and burpees. His toned back muscles, abs, and biceps glistened with sweat. A strangled gasp escaped by lips.

"M-Maya. W-what are you d-doing?" Josh stuttered, his cheeks turned a shade of deep pink.

"Well, I can't necessarily sleep with all the racket you're making out here." I kept calm, though my insides were screaming and my nose was doing that twitchy thing again.

"O-okay. Sorry... I'll t-try to keep it d-down." His eyes grazed over my body.

That's when I remembered what I was wearing. A white, low cut tank top and my neon pink Victoria's Secret boy short underwear with the words PINK written across the butt. Still, I kept calm. I couldn't tell if my face was turning red or not and there was nothing I could do about my nose. But otherwise, calm.

I turned on a heel and headed back to my room. Then I could scream about his body into my pillow. My childhood crush on Josh was intensifying.

"M-Maya... W-wait." Josh continued to stutter. I found it cute, in a way.

"Yes?" I took my dear sweet time turning around.

His face had turned from pink to a full-blown deep red. I don't think it was from working out. I think it was because I was there.

"N-Nevermind. I'll let y-you get back to s-sleep." Josh was still stuttering.

I turned back around into my room. I knew it was pointless to try to sleep. Josh would be on my mind until my alarm clock went off in about four hours.

A/N: and there's that. Sorry, they've been kind of short lately. But I hope you're enjoying them. I'm getting some romance-y feeling stuff in the next couple of 'em. So those of you waiting for that kind of stuff, it's coming.

Disclaimer: Maya and Josh aren't mine.

Follow, vote, comment.