Chapter Twenty-Eight: Shark Week

28) acts like a scared little boy when you're on your period. Granted you're probably throwing fruit and remotes at him... but still...

A/N: if you're a girl and you're reading this, you'll completely understand.

Ugh! It's that time of month again. Shark week. Everything seemed to be getting on my nerves. Especially other people. So I skipped class. I didn't think I'd be able to handle it.

I sat on the couch, wrapped in a blanket and tossing an orange from hand to hand with the tv remote close by. I had been watching movies all day and told Josh that I felt sick this morning so that he'd leave me be. I didn't feel like doing anything. At all.

I heard keys and the door creak open, but I didn't look to see who it was. Most likely, it was Josh.

"Hey, Maya!" He called. Already I was annoyed that he was shouting at me from across the dorm.

I held the orange firmly in my hand, prepared to throw it at him when he came in the room. I heard his annoyingly heavy footsteps clomp around as he meandered his way towards where I was sitting. I made sure the different remotes (tv, DVD player, Wii, Xbox, PlayStation, all that jazz) were nearby if I needed to throw those too.

I don't know why I get like this. Riley says it's just because I'm me. I never intended for this to end the way it did.

"Hey Maya." Josh walked into the room; his annoyingly loud keys jangled in his fingers.

I threw the orange at him. He wasn't expecting it and it hit him in the stomach.

"What was that for?" The orange rolled between his legs and onto the tiled floor in the kitchen.

"You were shouting at me." I reached for the TV remote next, planning where to aim.

"We always shout when we get here." He argued.

And I chucked the remote. The sound made when it hit his forehead was not pretty. Ugly enough to annoy me more than he was.

"Oh my gosh... I'm so sorry." I rushed to his side. A huge red mark was already starting to form on his forehead, "I'll go get you some ice..."

Josh followed me to the kitchen, "That time of month, huh?"

"How'd you know?" I'd never done this around him before.

"I texted Riley." That explains everything. Then Josh gestured to the table, "I brought you ice cream."

He's the best.

A/N: sorry I haven't updated in forever. I understand if you hate me. Life has been so crazy. I don't even know. I'm really gonna try to keep updating. Hope you liked the chapter.