Chapter Eight: Sleepwalking

8) sleepwalks and randomly ends up in your bed

It was maybe my thirteenth or fourteenth night in the apartment, so I was pretty used to the nighttime routine. Though tonight, I was in for a little unexpected switch-up. Josh had gone to bed about an hour ago, complaining about how tired he was and how hard his classes had been. I was just turning in for the night and could hear Joey's heavy breathing across the hall.

I was laying in bed, staring at the ceiling, when I heard the floorboards creak. At first, I thought that maybe it was just the apartment settling into itself, but I knew better. Of all my years living in an old NYC apartment, it had never settled into itself. It was only a small part of a much larger building. Either someone had broken into the apartment or Josh was awake. I decided to go with the latter since I hadn't heard the creaky door swing open.

I rolled over to face the wall. I was trying to ignore Joey's clumpy, uneven footsteps. It sounded as if he was drunk or something. And then, almost as quickly as they began, the footfalls ceased. He must have reached his carpeted room.

Then I felt a heavy mass press against my body. Oh God! It was Josh! He was a sleepwalker. Great... And now he's in my bed. I pushed him and shoved, but he was just too heavy. Plus, he wasn't waking up. He seemed perfectly content in my bed. There was absolutely no way I was getting him back to his own bed. He was a heavy sleeper.

I had no choice but to curl up in a ball at Joey's side and sleep. And it really wasn't uncomfortable or unenjoyable. Just annoying. And that wouldn't be the last time that would happen.

A/N: so...? Definitely a lot shorter than the last chapter. Sorry there was no dialogue in that one. Josh was sleeping and having Maya say stuff to him just seemed pointless and maybe seem a little insane. Please let me know what you think. And in case you haven't noticed yet, each chapter is following one of the things from Maya's list. The number and item from her list is typed in italics at the top of the page. :)

Disclaimer: I don't own these characters.

Follow, vote, comment.