Chapter Twenty-Six: Movie Night

26) likes deep analytic horrors when all you wanna watch is some idiotic comedies. As a result, movie nights are spent arguing.

"Movie night!" I cheered, pulling out my selections.

Fanned in my hands I held Blended, Grown Ups, Grown Ups 2, and Parental Guidance. I really wanted to watch Blended again. It's hilarious. But apparently Josh didn't. He had other things in mind. He was holding Chucky, Ouija, and The Exorcist. He had this meniacle grin on his face. I don't even know why.

"You ready to watch Blended?" I asked.

"I thought we'd kick it off with Ouija..."

"No. Too weird. Comedy night."

"I say horror night. When we're done with Ouija, we can watch Chucky and The Exorcist."

"Or we could watch Grown Ups 1 and 2?" I argued.

"Nah. Horror." He was sticking with that, huh?

"Comedy."

"Horror."

"Comedy."

"Horror."

"Comedy."

We went back and forth like that until each of us had said our desired movie genre like fifty times. He wasn't giving up. I tried bribing him and everything. I even said he could have all his cabinet space back, but nah. He tried to bribe me as well. I can't believe I said no to junk food. I must be really crazy.

"Fine. Compromise. I watch my movie in my room and you watch yours in your room." I stated.

"No. That defeats the whole point of doing movie night together."

"Watching your stupid horror movies defeats the whole purpose of movie night."

"Well so do your comedies."

"They're funny. Who doesn't like a good laugh? Oh wait... Obviously you."

"A little sassy, are we?"

"Comedies and that's final."

"No deal."

"I didn't ask if it was a deal. Being a grown-up person, I made the decision."

"Well I'm grown-up too."

"Obviously not 'cause you can't handle the fact that I got what I want." I countered.

"Not fair." He growled.

"Lfe isn't fair, sweetheart."

He continued to growl at me.

"Josh... I'm not an animal. Will you stop it?" That further proves how not grown-up he is. My brain added.

He stopped on my command. He's really just listening to everything I say now? Okay... What's the catch?

"Why did you want to watch horror movies so bad anyway?" I asked, attempting to understand his side of the situation.

"Because I was hoping you would get scared and I could hold you."

A/N: so... um... I know this is my story, but I'm shipping real bad. Ugh! Why can't they be together in the show?!? Creators of the show, read this fanfiction and be inspired to make Joshaya a thing! Haha. But seriously. This whole thing with Maya and Lucas is frustrating me.