Nineteen: rush hour

Livy: Today!!!

Ashton: Ahh!!! I won't be able to talk much but I'll see you after the show okay?

Livy: Don't forget to catch me in the front row ;)

Ashton: I won't, I bet you'll look stunning :))

Livy: Thanks Ash, I have to go to work but I'll text you later?

Ashton: Aw, my little Livy, working at a museum :,)

Livy: I'm a tour guide, and I have to pay the rent somehow.

Ashton: Thought you were in college?

Livy: Dorms are gross? I've got an apartment :) and I've got my best friend/roommate.

Ashton: Well I don't want to keep you from work babe, but text me when you get to the venue okay? Sorry I couldn't hook you up with soundcheck :(

Livy: It's fine, at least I'm seeing you after the show!!

Ashton: :-*

Livy: That's a new emoji :D what is it?

Ashton: A kissy face :*

Livy: You're so cute Ash, I'll talk to you later <3

Ashton: Goodbye Livy, I'll see you tonight :)

Ashton: Holy shit it feels so good to say that.

Livy: Oh my god tRUE.

Ashton: Okay okay I'm distracting you, now go to work!

Livy: Okay bye Ash!! <3

I set down my phone with shaky fingers and scrambled around my small apartment, looking for multiple things at once, not really knowing where I was going.

"You okay there?" My roommate and best friend Jules popped her head out of the bathroom, a curling wand wrapped around her dark brown hair.

"I'm frazzled," I admitted, accidentally putting my black skinny jeans on inside-out.

"Is it the Ashton thing? Aren't you seeing him tonight?" Jules winced as the curler burnt her finger and she gave up on her hair, combing it through with her fingers.

I sighed. "Yeah. I'm just so nervous. What if he doesn't like me? What if he thinks I look weird in person? And what if he doesn't want to have sex with me? There's so much going through my head right now Jules."

She placed a slender manicured hand on my tensed shoulder. "Look at me," she ordered, and I stared into her bright brown eyes. "You are going to have an amazing time at that concert. You are going to look amazing, act amazing, have an amazing meetup and maybe even amazing sex. Just trust yourself, and me. Okay? And I've read some of the messages between you. He likes you Liv. I can tell."

I smiled as she pulled me in for a hug. "Okay. Thanks babe, I needed that."

"No problem," she grinned, picking up a large tote, filled with baby things.

Jules was a nanny for a rich family in the LA suburbs, which was a pretty good job. I was a tour guide for a modern art museum in downtown LA. The museum was popular so we got good business, and therefore I got good pay. Enough to pay the bills, and some of my student loans.

"I'll see you at five," she smiled, pushing the door open and leaving me alone in the bright studio apartment.

I finished getting dressed in my tour guide uniform and grabbed my phone, where on my lockscreen was a picture of smiling Ashton, taken by a fan.

"I'm going to see that smile tonight," I thought to myself happily, grabbing my purse and locking the apartment behind me.

I brushed my honey blonde hair off my shoulders as I rushed to the car and drove to work, my nails tapping against the steering wheel anxiously.

I didn't know how I would make it through the day without dying. I wanted to see him more than anything.

******

Work so far was surprisingly slow, not many tour groups coming in so I chilled in the lobby with my coworkers.

Livy: Ugh. I might die.

Ashton: And why is that?

Livy: 1. I'm going to die if I can't see you soon.
2. Work is boring as shit. Nobody's here.

Ashton: Maybe I can get off and come find you?

Livy: No! Let's meet tonight, when it's more special :))

Ashton: Lol, alright <3 me and Luke are chilling around LA so come find us babe ;)

Livy: I'm not leavin work to find yo ass.

Livy: Hold on, I've got a group, ugh.

Ashton: I'll leave you to it babe :)

I hastily shoved my phone into the front pocket of my blazer and stood in the entrance of the art hall, waiting for my coworker Lennie to bring the guests in.

My heart dropped when a familiar figure stood in front of me, mouth open and wide-eyed.

"Luke?"

[First non-text format chapter! I hope you liked it]