Chapter 23

Ava's POV

"Sooo," my mother came up next to me and looked at me with her green and hazel eyes, "why does Jack look so familiar?" She asked, looking up at the trees and nature.

"Well, don't you remember going to the Wilk's house for Christmas that one year?" I answered back with a subtle question-esque in my voice.

"OHH! That's why!" She exclaimed and laughed heartily. She walked forward to the front of the group. I turn around seeing Addie and Sammy walking together. But, Addie saw me and raced to me. "Oh thank God, it was going to be so awkward. I didn't want-"

"What exactly happened Addie? I want to know everything." I wanted some answers. I didn't want to know the story with part truth and part lie.

Sammy "out-walked" us so it was just Addie and I alone. In the forest. Oh shit.

"Ava, we're lo-"

"Addie, just tell me!!" I yelled making her flinch. I softened up again and heard the pain in her rather small and raspy voice, "It's too complicated Ava. You don't want to hear about it." She replied back.

"Bull fucking shit." I rolled my eyes, not wanting to hear her lame ass excuse.

She scoffed, "Don't fucking act like that, what's going on with you and Jack?" "None of you fucking business is what it is-"

"Then I guess I can prove a point! It's my own business like you and Jack are!" She walked up to me with her angry brown eyes staring at me. "...Whatever, benefit of the doubt.." I finished the argument and started walking.

"Oh, really? You're acting like a fucking fourteen year old AVA! You don't know how it feels to be hopelessly in love with someone and BOOM it's fucking done! Have you? Are you and Jack in love? Whatever then.. 'benefit of the doubt..'" She mocked me with the last part. I turned around and did something I would've never done before.

My hand made contact with her rosy cheek. Oh my god. I just slapped her. "Addison, I'm so-"

"Fuck you Ava, just fucking FUCK YOU!" She hysterically cried out, sprinting away from me. I followed her, "ADDISON!! I'M SORRY!" I sobbed out catching up to her. Damn, she was fast.

She slowed down, catching her breath. I looked around our surroundings. Oh my god, we're lost. "Holy shit, we're lost." I finally said gasping.

"Yeah, no fucking shit." She retorted back at me with rudeness in her voice. I sighed, looking around. I pulled out phone, no service.

"Really? It's nature Ava. Wow, so stupid." She insulted me again. I gritted my teeth and turned to her, "Okay, I said I'm sorry. You don't have to be a fucking bitch about it, fuck." I responded back. I saw a bench and decided to sit down with my head in my hands.

"We're gonna die, holy shit, we're gonna die." She began to panic. "Calm down Addie." I stated bluntly. "They're going to come back this way, calm down." I reasoned with her.

She flipped me off and laid her head on a tree, dramatically sobbing out. Oh my God, please just stop.

"I'm gonna die here, without Rosie oh my God OH MY GOD!" Addie screamed out loud. That's it.

I walked over to her and hugged her tightly making her reject my hug and tripping over a log. I felt a wind of air making us scream, "OH MY GOD AHHH!!!!" We both screamed, we were falling. Off a cliff.

Oh fuck.

Sammy's POV (ayyyee)

Something felt odd. There was no noise right behind me. No quarreling. I turned around, seeing only the forest. "JACK!" I yelled out and immediately saw Jack run back to where I was.