Chapter 4~ Benjamin Lasnier

Summer was really great! I played basket and video games with my friends, spend time with my family, and lots of stuff. It's now the end of June, and July is coming. Isn't summer great?

I posted another pic on instgram and my phone flashed with lots of likes and comments in a few minutes. I got more and more followers on instagram.

Right now, I am scrolling down my feed and liking some pictures while I am laying down in my bed. I was also listening to music. There wasn't any plans getting out of the house so I'm online.

A few seconds after, I could hear the sound of a car. I got up and looked out my window. There I saw a new family right in front of the house across from us. They might have been the new neighbors. There was a mom, a dad, a teenage girl, and a boy. I went downstairs to ask my mom who they were.

"Well, they're the new family who's living right in front of us." Mom answered.

"They have a nice house. I mean, that house is huge!" I said. "Are we gonna meet them or something?"

"Well, I was going to invite them for dinner later. So that, you know, we could get to know them more. And you and that girl could be friends." Mom said.

"Why don't you ask them now?"

"Benjamin, they just came to their new home. They might be looking at it first." Mom said. "I'll ask them later."

"Okay." I nodded.

"Wait, why are you asking anyways?" Mom asked.

"Nothing. You know, just want to be good neighbors." I smiled. "Is that a bad thing?"

"No, it's just that, you never said that before." Mom said. Then she shook her head. "Do you want to ask them now?"

"Sure." I smiled. "I'll be back."

I walked away and crossed the street. I knocked on their front door and opened a middle-aged woman. She had black hair, dark-brown eyes, and a nice smile.

"Can I help you?" She asked.

"Hi, I'm Benjamin." I smiled back. "We're live across from you guys. So we're neighbors."

"I could see that." She said.

"My mon was wondering if you guys want to have dinner over later. So you guys could know each other better?" I asked.

"That would be lovely." She smiled. "When should we go?"

"About seven." I said politely. "May I have your name?"

"My name's Lea. Lea Carter. I can't wait to meet your parents." She said. "We'll see you later then."

"Yes." I smiled. "Enjoy your home." I smiled one more time. "We'll see you later. Have a nice day."

"You, too." She waved.

I went back to my house and tell my mom what happened. Of course, she was psyched. She love to meet new people. And she's very friendly. She gets to meet lots of people.

"Well, that's great!" My mom exclaimed. "I should cook right now." My mom got off the couch and headed to the kitchen. I followed her to the kitchen just to make sure what she'll make.

"Should I make lasagna and bake some garlic bread?" Mom asked.

"Anything, mom. You're a really good cook." I said.

"Lasagna it is." She smiled. "What should I make for dessert?"

"Can you make those Jell-o? I love those!" I exclaimed.

"Sure." She said. "Okay, for this dinner, I want you to be in your best behavior." Mom said. "I don't want them to think of us a bad neighbor."

"I know, mom. After they taste your food, I'm sure they won't think of you as a bad neighbor." I reassured her.

"Aww, that's so sweet." Mom smiled. "Okay, tell your siblings to clean their rooms, take a shower, and pick an appropriate clothes to use." I nodded and headed upstairs, telling my brother and sisters to do what my mom wants them to do.

I cleaned the room, and the living room downstairs. My mom really wants this house to be spotless. She even made me clean the bathroom. Then I took a shower and picked some clothes. I let my hair down, no gel. My mom will make me put my hair down anyways. She wants to have a good impression to them.

What I know is that we might be good friends with the neighbors.