Chapter 11~ Jasmine Carter

Ugh! Why does Benjamin make me feel this way! I don't get why guys make girls blush more even if they knew the girl is blushing too much! Gosh, boys. I hate it when I blush. Especially in front of Benjamin.

But at the same time, it's funny how I act like that. It's cute yet weird at the same time. This is why I love my own imperfections. The small things that makes me imperfect makes me love myself even more. I can't just stop loving myself. I love everything about me. I also admit, I sometimes hate myself. Like being pretty.

I never get why people think I'n pretty. I only believe that I'm beautiful when I see myself in the mirror, but I don't think I'm beautiful when a boy or my friends tell me I'm beautiful. Yes I may love myself, but I also think I have flaws. Being imperfect makes us special and we should accept that.

In that beautiful afternoon that day, I started to write another song. What made it special was that I was writing about young love. About how I suddenly liked Benjamin. I never believed that I could like Benjamin that way.

As I was writing my songs, my fingers moving through the keys and writing the lyrics, I would always stop and suddenly think about Benjamin. His image will suddenly pop out of my mind and I'll hear his voice. I can't believe that I'm starting to act like this over a guy. Yes, I did act like that when before, but Benjamin's different. There's something about him that I can't point out.

I closed my song book and hid it inside my computer cabinet. I took my beats and iPod and sat down on the couch. I scrolled through my song list and there was this point where I saw Daydreamin' by Ariana Grande. I smiled and played the song and put it on repeat. As I put my headphones on, I had a flashback of me and Benjamin in the fountain in the restaurant. I started to daydream about it and found myself sleeping and dreaming about Benjamin.

"Benjamin stop!" I said. "Stop, Benjamin!" I shouted while laughing and running.

There we are in the beach. Small waves were kissing the sand every two seconds. The wind was swaying the palm trees as if it was a hula dancer. The sunset was right in the middle, very perfect. Birds were flying and we were all alone in the beach.

"Benjamin!" I screamed one more time. Apparently, Benjamin is chasing me and all I have to do was run away from him. We were both laughing but I was still running away.

There was a point where Benjamin caught me and lifted me up. "Benjamin, put me down!" I laughed. I really couldn't stop laughing.

"No, I won't let you go until you say it!" Benjamin warned. I kind of let go and started running away, but Benjamin caught me again. His hands were wrapping my stomach and waist. I still couldn't stop laughing. "Come on say it." Benjamin pleaded.

"Fine!" I laughed. He let go of me and I turned around to look at him.

I started to notice his eyes again. Those beautiful blue eyes were gazing at me. I could see his freckles on his cheek and I could see his smile, waiting impatiently for me to say it. His eyebrows are raised, very eager for me to say it.

I took a deep breath. "I love you, Benjamin." I said. Benjamin smiled gratefully at me.

"That's nice to hear." Benjamin said. "Say it again." He pleaded.

"No." I said, giving him a cheeky grin.

"Come on!" Benjamin said. I shook my head again. He then started to chase me again and I couldn't stop laughing. When we finally stopped, I sat down on the sand, Benjamin imitating me.

"It's nice here, huh?" I said, looking at the sunset.

"It is." Benjamin said, looking at me. I looked at him closely. His face was just so close. Maybe an inch from my face. He started to lift his hand and caress my cheek. A few moments later, we were about to kiss. Just one move.