Chapter 6~ Jasmine Carter

I stared at my locker with a straight face, my head tilted to the side as confused thoughts ran in my mind.

"Jasmine," I heard Arianna call. I didn't take my eyes off from my locker as Arianna stood next to me. "What are you looking at?" She asked, mimicking me by tilting her head to the side.

I stepped forward and pointed at the pink flower that sticks out of my locker. "What's this?" I asked.

Arianna examined the flower and looked at me with a duh expression. "A rose." She said matter-of-factly. I slapped Arianna lightly and looked at her with a stern face.

"I know it's a rose. I mean where did it come from?" I asked.

Arianna shrugged her shoulders and opened her locker beside mine. Quickly, a card and a pink rose fell. Arianna bent down and took the card and rose. I watched Arianna intently as she read the card, a smile forming on her lips. I leaned down and read the card she held.

"Tobias?!" I squealed, making Arianna jump and hit my head. We both rubbed our foreheads at the force of contact we made.

"Ouch." Arianna said. "Why'd you do that?" She asked.

My eyes went wide and pointed at the card that she held. "Tobias?" I asked, my voice full of shock. A crimson color filled her cheeks as she bit her lip. "Since when? Why haven't you tell me this? I thought we were best friends!" I exclaimed, acting like I was hurt.

"Hey," Arianna held her hand up, showing that she really wasn't guilty. "we're not together." I crossed my arms and looked at her with a stern look. "We're not!" She defended.

I sighed and shook my head. I gave myself a mental note to give Tobias the talk. I watched as Arianna took off her brown coat, showing a white long sleeve shirt and black leggings, matching a brown oxfords. I watched her with amazement, her outfit made her look pretty, but it was something she doesn't usually wear.

"What?" Arianna asked, raising one of her eyebrows in confusion. I blinked as I watched her up and down, and going back to her eyes.

"What are you wearing?" I asked, not in a bad way. Arianna looked down and bit her lip, a habit she does when she's nervous.

"Is it really that bad?" She asked. My eyes turned wide as I gave her a smile and shook my head.

"No!" I exclaimed, grasping her shoulders. "You look beautiful, Arianna," I smiled. A smile formed in Arianna's face. She mouthed a thank you, a gleam in her eyes showing. "But why are you wearing that?" I asked. A crimson color covered her cheeks. A shy smile forming on her face.

"Me and Tobias are going somewhere today," She said shyly. I cooed and nudge her playfully on the side, making her irritated by me. A small giggle escaped my lips. The thought of Tobias and Arianna together made my heart flutter in excitement.

We both started talking as we headed down the hall to our next class, but a rose was held in front of me, making me stop in my tracks and a confused expression plastered on my face. I looked up and saw Tyler, one of my school mates, a pink rose on his hand and a smile on her face. My brows furrowed in confusion.

"What's this?" I asked as I took the rose from him. I looked back up to see him walk away without and explanation. I looked at Arianna, who simply shrugged and kept on walking.

Another rose was given by Cameron, then Peter, then Troy, then Lance. It seems like the roses were endless. By the time I got to Ray, there were already fourteen roses in my arms.

"Someone's looks extra special today," Arianna cooed. I looked down at the roses confusingly. I didn't look special. I was wearing a pink sweater, due to the cold weather we were receiving this past months, with a red skirt and a pair of white oxfords. My hair was on a waterfall braid, and Benjamin's necklace hang from my neck.

I don't think that the roses were coming from, but I knew that someone was behind all of this. Suspicion crept inside of me, nervous at what was happening.

As I reached my homeroom class, four people were playing guitars and one girl were singing my favorite Valentine song, Valentine by Madison Beer and Cody Simpson. My favorite guy stood immobile on the middle, a rose on his hand.

A smile was replaced on my lips, knowing now who was the person who kept giving me flowers. Benjamin walked over to me and handed me the last flower.

"So my guess is correct that this whole plan was from you?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him. His lips curved to a smile as he let out a chuckle.

"The one and only," he answered. I took the flower from him and gave him a light peck on the cheek, making everybody in the classroom, even outside the room, coo. I put the rose on my desk and immediately tackled Benjamin with a hug. Everybody started clapping and cheering at Benjamin as I bit my lip.

"You didn't have to," I whispered on Benjamin's ear.

"Well, I wanted to," He replied. A small giggle escaped from my lips and kissed Benjamin on the cheek again. Still obeying my parent's and I's agreement, I did not answer Benjamin yet. "You know you can kiss me on the lips if you wanted to," He joked. I giggled again and lightly punched him on the arm.

"Stop making me," I answered, a chuckle releasing from him, making my chest vibrate while I still hugged him. I pulled away as Benjamin intertwined his fingers on mine and kissed the back of my hand, a sign of affection from him.

~ * ~

"I want the Passion Ice Tea with Thai Walls," I told the cashier from Starbucks. She punched in the numbers and the cost showed. Benjamin payed for it before they turned around and made our request.

"Here," the cashier said, turning back around and giving us a red card. "Since you guys are a together, we give a free valentine's gift card for every couple. Happy Valentines Day!" She smiled before turning back around. I blushed as she said couple, since we look like it.

I held Benjamin's hand as we sat on the high stools. Benjamin sighed and rubbed the back of my hand and said, "I wish we were a couple."

I felt my heart sank, regretting the time I made the agreement with my parents. Even Benjamin didn't know half of the deal. Regret etched all over my face. I squeezed Benjamin's hand, his gaze towards me. A small smile made it across my lips.

"We'll be one at some point," I mumbled. There was hope in Benjamin's eyes as I looked at him. For all I know, I really love him.

At some point, a thought crossed me mind. What were we? Were we friends? Best friends? Friends with Benefits? Best-friends-that-aren't-a-couple-yet-they-act-like-one-because-of-a-stupid-agreement-I-made-with-my-parents?

My train of thoughts left when Benjamin came back with two of our drinks. I took a sip and I felt myself relax, for one second.

Benjamin held my hand again and gave it a quick kiss on the back.

"Someday, we'll both stop the pain," Benjamin murmured.

The song the Benjamin was singing is Valentine by Madison Beer and Cody Simpson. Song on the side ---> and a picture of benjamin on the side. happy valentine's day!