Chapter 15~ Jasmine Carter

"Let's go on the benches outside." Tobias suggested.

"We can go there?" I asked him.

"Yeah." Tobias nodded. I looked at Arianna and smiled. She looked a little uncomfortable so I tried to cheer her up.

Benjamin and Arianna were on both of my sides. Across from me was Patricia and Sadie, who were both staring at me with awe. I stared back at both of them and blinked my eyes twice, a little to awkward of the staring.

Patricia was quite beautiful. She had blonde hair with gray eyes. She was a fit and creative girl. I learned that she loves art when I saw her drawing a portrait. Sadie also has blonde hair with blue eyes. She has a nice shade of tan and was a fashion designer. She likes to sew and make other fashion.

"Patricia, Sadie, you're making Jasmine uncomfortable." Benjamin said, waving his hands on Patricia and Sadie.

"I'm sorry." Patricia and Sadie said at once. "You're really pretty." Sadie said. Patricia nodded in agreement.

"That's nice of you guys, but I don't think if myself like that." I smiled, putting my hair behind my ear.

"What do you mean?" Patricia asked.

"Well, I don't really believe that I'm beautiful unless someone special says it to me." I said.

"Can you be more specific? Like who is special to you?" Sadie asked.

"Like my dad, my mom, other people..."

"Like Benjamin?" Patricia jumped in. I felt my cheeks burning. I was hoping that Benjamin wasn't listening to us since he was talking to Tobias, Oliver, and Victor. Patricia, Sadie, and Arianna glanced a look at Benjamin. I can't help myself and look at him to.

I stared at Benjamin for a moment. I blushed as I remembered the time when Benjamin called me beautiful instead of pretty. I liked that word better than pretty. A small smile was playing on my face.

"What?" Victor asked, looking at us.

The girls squealed silently. I had a closed-mouth smile and looked away. Benjamin looked at me for an explanation. I didn't answer him though. I just gave him a closed-mouth smile. He was totally confused but didn't ask for an answer. Instead, he just smiled back at me.

~ * ~

"How's school?" My dad asked as I came home. He was sitting on the computer desk at the corner, maybe planning for a new construction.

"It was great! I made new friends." I answered happily.

"No guys you like?" He asked.

"Dad!" I said in frustration. Here we go again. "We've talked about this." This is what Dad asked when I was in elementary school, to intermediate, then to freshmen.

"Just making sure." He defended himself.

"Dad, I said I won't have a boyfriend until I'm sixteen."

"Until you go back to California?" Dad asked. I stopped for a moment. The Deal.

"I still have a vow. And I promised to keep that." I said silently.

"My girl, becoming a young lady." My dad smiled at me. He gestured me to come over and hug him. "In all fairness, I would want Benjamin to be your boyfriend. But you had a promise, and I accepted."

"I have a secret." I smiled at him.

"What is it?" He whispered.

"I like Benjamin." I said. My dad's eyes widened in surprise. "But I still have a promise." I smiled, holding my hand up.

"Pinky promise?" He asked, holding out his pinky.

"Pinky promise." I smiled.

"Go change!" My dad laughed. I nodded and went upstairs.

As I leaned on the door, I sighed and frowned. I then smacked my head with my palm.

"The vow." I whispered to myself. "How can I forget that?"

That exact two years ago. My mom, dad, and I sat on the table. I called in for a family meeting the next day after my twelfth birthday. My brother wasn't called since he has nothing to so do with this.

"I was planning to chase my dreams." I said. My mom and dad listened to me attentively. "When I'm sixteen, I will audition for the X Factor." I said.

"But what if we move or something?" My mom asked.

"I'll still go back here at California and stay with gramma and grampa." I said. "I've been planning this since forever. I would really appreciate that maybe you guys would accept my decision." I smiled at them hopefully.

They looked at each other, then at me. "No." They answered in unison.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows. I began to panic. "Why not?"

"You're still too young to travel by yourself." Mom explained. "And you know gramma and grampa won't really help you." My mom said.

"Then with Aunt Jewel." I said. "She's rich and I can help her. She's not even married yet." I told them.

"Yet." Dad said. "Jasmine, you're too young to plan this stuff."

"What if I make you a deal?" I said immediately. Both of them raised their brow curiously.

"I won't have a boyfriend until I'm sixteen. And I won't accept any dates or anything if someone asked me out. Will you accept it now?" I said hopefully.

My parents looked at each other again. My hopes were raising. They looked at each other in silence. After a whole minute, they looked at me. "Okay." Dad answered. I squealed and excitement and went around to hug them.

"You guys are the best!" I said, hugging then tightly.

I sighed as I forgot about the deal I made with my father. Which meant that Benjamin can't be my boyfriend until I was sixteen, when I left.

I shut my eyes for a second. "Oh no."

The next day, I zoned out on the teacher's beginning rules. I looked on the wall as I registered the words I have vowed. How could I forget about that deal?

"Jasmine." Benjamin nudged me on the stomach with his elbow. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him.

"Huh?" I asked.

"It's break." He said. I looked at the clock. I blinked again to see if I was zoned out for three hours.

"Oh." I said.

"Are you okay?" He asked as we walked down the hall.

"Yeah, I'm all right." I said, nodding. Benjamin looked at me with a concerned expression.

"You're not." He said. "Bother to tell me what's wrong?" He asked.

I sighed and looked at him. "I was just thinking about something." I said. Benjamin raised an eyebrow.

"There's something I have to tell you." I said. Benjamin looked at me and waited. I looked away and rubbed my arm. "Two years ago, I made a deal with my parents and not have a boyfriend until I'm sixteen. Which means, we can't be together for two years." I frowned. Benjamin finger made my chin go up.

"It's okay." He said, smiling.

"You're not going to give up?" I asked.

"I'm going to wait." He said, holding my hand and intertwining mine with his. "I'm going to wait, because believe it or not, I love you." He said. I stared at him blankly, trying to understand what he just said to me. He then dragged me.

I found out we were out on the courtyard, near the tree. "What are we doing here?" I asked.

"Jasmine, I love you. And I will never ever give up on you. I don't care if I wait for a thousand years, I'll still wait for you. I love you."

He stepped forward to make my back lean on the tree. He then put his hand on waist and his other hand on my face. He pressed his forehead against mine. Then whispered, "I love you, Jasmine Carter." He said, closing his eyes.

My stomach was fluttering furiously with butterflies. I felt my heart pounding furiously. My breathing was getting heavier. I still managed to calm down and closed my eyes.

"I love you too, Benjamin Lasnier." I whispered back before Benjamin's lips was pressed against mine.

The third kiss. The most magical one out of them all. His kiss was very passionate, so soft. His lips were in synch with mine. I liked him. I liked him a lot.

I love Benjamin Lasnier.