Chapter 2 ~ Jasmine Carter

"Are you coming?" Arianna asked, removing me from my thoughts. I snapped my head up and looked at Arianna. "Jasmine." She said again. I looked at her again.

"Huh?" I asked her, dumbfounded.

"I said if you're coming to Coffee House after school with me." Arianna said. Coffee House was a café that was a walk away from our school. "But it looks like you have an appointment with your thoughts lately." She said.

"Sorry, Arianna." I apologized. "And yes, I'm coming." I said, giving her a small smile.

It was a chilly Wednesday and even my long sleeve shirt won't even protect me from the coldness. I shivered and hugged myself as another wave of wind hit me. I cursed under my breath as I realized I forgot to bring a jacket in a snowy day. It was almost Winter Break and I cannot wait to get out of school and have some fun. It's been a tough week lately since there's been tests that has to be studied.

I looked at Arianna, who was wearing a concerned face. "You've been acting up lately." Arianna said. "Is something wrong?" She asked.

Arianna was my best friend from the whole group. I had that feeling inside me when I saw her alone on the corner of the classroom. She looked so lonely and I thought that me and her could be great friends. Sometimes I wonder why no one wants to talk to her. Then I knew her story. Her mother died from a robbery and was shot on the head. There was too much blood loss and the doctors didn't have that much time to get the blood they needed. Arianna then didn't want anyone in her life, thinking that when she loses someone again, it would be hard for her to bear with. So she became lonely, not bothering to make any new friends.

I went back to the present and looked down at the pavement where we were walking on. "Benjamin." I said. Right then, Arianna understood.

Since Arianna and I became friends, she told me her life and I told her mine. We always communicated fairly. We never had that much arguments, unless we're talking about what shows are the best.

I loved Arianna as my best friend, and I was glad I met her. I loved her natural wavy brunette hair. The gray eyes that matched her pale complexion. She was the same height as me, maybe a little taller. She always wore jackets and jeans and combat boots, and never had she wore a dress or heels in her entire life, not counting when she was younger. She was naturally beauty, but she didn't want to show it. I saw her once with her hair curled and with a dress and flats, because I made her, and she was really pretty. I even made her use casual clothes and put her hair down, and she actually looked like a tumblr girl.

We stopped when I saw a group of girls surrounding Benjamin. I looked at them for a second and looked away. "What's the problem this time?" Arianna asked.

"Remember the stupid decision I made?" I asked Arianna. She nodded and let me continue. "I was thinking about it and I was thinking if Benjamin would ever give up waiting for me. I even had a dream about it." I said with a panic look.

"He doesn't deserve to wait for me." I frowned. "He deserves someone who would make him not wait and make him happy." I scanned at the girl that was surrounding Benjamin. "I'm scared. Especially that there wouldn't be an 'us'." I said, looking down. Arianna knew about me going back to California when I turn sixteen.

"But he loves you." Arianna said. "If he doesn't love you, he would give up on you a year ago. And true love always waits. It means he truly love you." Arianna said.

"But what about me leaving?" I said, feeling my eyes burn. "What will happen when he knows that I'll be leaving to go to California after summer. We'll only be together for less than three weeks! He would be hurt, and so am I." I said, feeling the tears pooling my eyes.