Chapter 12~ Benjamin Lasnier

I layed on my bed after taking a shower. It was the same afternoon, the afternoon when I kissed Jasmine on the lips. That soft pink lips that I realized I really want to kiss.

I sighed. That was the only time when I realized that I really like Jasmine. That one afternoon that made the horrible mistake. I regreted kissing Jasmine. I do like her, a lot. But this means that our friendship is going to change. We'll have more awkward silences, and we won't be as close as before.

I don't know what to do tomorrow. It's almost the first day of school and we have to know what we should do. We had a plan about that, but we never had a plan to kiss each other.

At the same time, it felt nice kissing Jasmine. Her pale pink lips were so soft, I couldn't stop kissing her. I never realized that Jasmine was a good kisser. Our lips were moving in synch and I liked how she put her arms around my neck. I really liked how she kissed me.

"Stop it, Benjamin!" I said to myself and hitting my forehead with my palm.

"Benjamin?" I sat up and saw my mom on the doorway.

"Hey mom." I said.

"Are you okay? You look a little red." My mom said. "Are you blushing?"

"No, mom." I lied.

"I know you, Benjamin. Why? Did something happen with you and Jasmine in their house?" My mom exclaimed excitedly. I widened my eyes and shook my head.

"Mom!" I said.

"I'm just joking." She laughed. "Well, dinner's ready. Let's go?" She asked.

"Go ahead. I'll go down in a minute." I said to her. She smiled and went back downstairs, closing my bedroom door.

I stood up and sighed. I got to becareful before my mom finds out about the kiss.

At the same time, why do I have to freak out? It was just a kiss right? There's nothing special about it. It was just a magical, yet simple, kiss.

~~~

I came into the music room, seeing that Jasmine was writing new songs. She didn't really notice me, as her back was facing me.

She groaned in frustration as she was writing the lyrics. She played the piano furiously that she always missed a note. She looked pretty mad today.

"Why don't you calm down before you write new songs." I told her. She wasn't startled, but she turned and looked at me. Our eyes met, thinking that we have another deja vu thing again. But it wasn't.

Her eyes were very drowsy, knowing that she hasn't been sleeping for the past two days, days after the kiss. Her eyes were also half open, and has dark bags. She blinked twice and turned back to the piano.

"I have to finish this." She murmured, starting to play the piano again.

"Jasmine, have you been awake?" I asked, but she didn't answer. "Jasmine, maybe you need some rest." I suggested.

"No. I-I need to-to finish this." She said, shaking her head like a kid. Sometimes, Jasmine could be really stubborn.

"Jasmine, you need a rest." I said, making her stand up. She stood up and I helped her go to her room. She just looked at me as we were walking. As I make her lay down on her bed, she just stared at me. "Jasmine, go to sleep." I told her.

She finally closed her eyes. As I turned around, I heard Jasmine mutter in her sleep. "I like you, Benjamin. I didn't regret kissing you." I looked back at her, she was asleep. I took a breath and left her room. I went into Jasmine's music room and cleaned the place up.

Jasmine's songbook laid open on the piano. I sat down and read her lyrics.

We maybe young
To love at this age
But no age matters
Because I love you

I had a feeling that Jasmine was writing a song about two days ago. The first time we kissed. And also my first kiss. Probably Jasmine's too. I remembered that Jasmine writes a song every time something happens.

"I like you too, Jasmine. And I didn't regret anything that happened.