Chapter 9~ Benjamin Lasnier

"It's almost your birthday." I reminded Jasmine cheerfully as I hugged her on my bed. I leaned my forehead on hers as she fiddled on the small dog tag Jasmine got me for my fifteenth birthday.

"Really?" Jasmine asked. Jasmine is always forgetful. Sometimes, I have to remind her for her birthday because she keeps on thinking about other things that she forgets about herself.

"I heard our friends saying that they are going to make a Sweet Sixteen Birthday Party." I informed. Jasmine hated surprise parties. She hates getting heart attacks when people keeps on throwing her surprise parties.

Jasmine smiled. Even at night, she I can still see her features. "How come they haven't told me?" She inquired. I shrugged at her question.

"What do you want for your birthday?" I asked. Jasmine looked at me and kissed me tenderly on the lips.

"Nothing. I want you." She smiled, still fiddling with the dog tag on my bare chest. "By the way, tell them I don't want the colors hot pink, like every other sweet sixteen birthday parties." She informed. I chuckled.

"Sure." I smiled. Jasmine chuckled and moved closer to me. I held her close, putting my chin on the top of her head.

"I don't want to lose you, Benjamin." I heard her mumble in my chest.

"Don't worry," I reassured her, "I won't leave you."

~ * ~

I handed Jasmine her usual Starbucks drink in the afternoon: Passion Ice Tea with Thai Walls. This is what we always do for her birthday-- go to Starbucks and go to the place that we're gonna celebrate her birthday. She smiled and started reaching it, until I stopped her. She looked at me confusingly and frowned at me. I grinned and turned the cup around to let her read the writing.

Happy Birthday!

Jasmine smiled at me and started taking a picture of it. I chuckled as she made me hold it again to take a picture of her, showing me giving her a Starbucks coffee with a birthday message on the cup. I started making funny and cute faces, making Jasmine laugh at my silliness.

"This is so cute!" She giggled. I chuckled at her childishness. "Thanks." She smiled at me.

"Your welcome." I smiled back. Jasmine giggled again as she sipped her drink.

"Let's go?" I asked, holding out a hand for her. Jasmine bit her bottom lip and held my hand as we walked out of the coffee shop.

"Are you excited?" I asked as we both hopped in the room.

"A little." She smiled nervously. "I mean, sometimes they go all out and suddenly they have hot pink everywhere!" She flailed her hands in the air.

"Don't worry, there won't be any hot pink, excluding people's clothes." I reassured her. Jasmine grinned at me, thankful for giving her that information.

"Good." She said, buckling up.

As we went to the address that Arianna gave us, I helped Jasmine get out of the car. The small building was blasting music that it was about to shake it. Six balloons were hanged in the front, right by the door. I held Jasmine's hand, and looked at her. She looked back at me and nodded, before we went inside.

"Happy birthday!" The whole room screamed. Jasmine held her mouth while a smile spread on her face.

Arianna was the first to hug Jasmine, then Patricia and Sadie, then Tobias, Oliver, Dylan, Victor, then lastly, me.

"Happy birthday!" Arianna squealed in her ear. "I'm gonna miss you!" She said. Jasmine looked at her sincerely and hugged her again.

I was confused as people started hugging her and saying that they'll miss her. Telling her the best wishes and they'll never forget her. I looked at her confusingly, but she didn't hold my gaze since people were just squeezing her to death.