Chapter 14~ Jasmine Carter

"Jasmine!" A familiar voice called me. I looked around and saw my very own friend Jane running towards me, getting a tight bear hug.

"Oomph!" I was surprised as she amde me carry her as she tightly hugged me. I laughed lightly before all of my friends came towards me. People gave us weird looks as they saw at least fifteen to twenty teenagers giving me hugs.

"Guys, seriously, I can't breathe!" I laughed as they don't want to let go.

"We missed you so much Jasmine!" THey had a banner for me. I laughed when we all let go and saw my friend, Kari, videotaping my reaction while I read the banner. I gave all of them another round of hugs, thankful that they remembered I was coming.

I saw my aunt and uncle and my cousins coming my way. "Auntie! Uncle! Althea! Johan!" I said, hugging all of them.

"How was your flight, Jasmine?" They asked in return.

"Oh my gosh, we have so many stuff to catch up!" Althea, my older cousin by a year, hugged me tightly, already asking me details.

"Give me a hug, Johan!" I laughed as my younger cousin gave me a small hug. He gave me a toothy grin before going back to his mother.

"I heard Althea and your friends wanted you to go somewhere." Auntie said, and my friends and Althea exploded in cheers as my aunt agreed for me to go.

I laughed and nodded my head again as my friends dragged me to the welcoming party they have eagerly prepared before I came.

After the party, I called my mother, forgetting to inform that I was already there. "Mom?"

"Sweetie?" My mom's relieved voice was heard. "Oh, hon, Jasmine's calling." She said again in her relieved voice. I heard some shuffling and voices as I heard my dad's voice.

"Sweetheart." He said.

"Hey dad." I grinned, finally feeling empty when I couldn't see my dad.

"How are you, sweetheart?" He asked.

"I'm great." I heard another faint voice. "Hey, dad, where are you guys?" I asked.

"We're at the Lasnier's." He answered. I felt my stomach churn as I heard Benjamin's last name. "Benjamin, would you like to talk to Jasmine?" I heard him ask Benjamin.

"Wait, dad, I have to go anyways." I lied. I closed my eyes, feeling my heart twist as I heard Benjamin's name. I still wasn't ready to talk to him. "I just called you to say I landed safely." I breathed out.

There was silence on the other line. "Okay, sweetie." He exhaled. "You sure you're okay?" He asked again.

"I'm fine." I managed. "I'll call you back, okay?" I said.

"Okay, sweetie. You must be exhausted from the flight huh?" He said.

"Yeah." I answered back, hating it when I lie. "Good night, dad." I smiled softly.

"Good night, sweetheart. Sleep tight." He said back. "And don't forget to drink milk." He added. I chuckled.

"Of course, dad." I smiled. "I love you."

"I love you, too." He said before I hanged up and covered myself in the sheets.

************************************************************************************************************

My heart started hammering off my chest as the thought of performing in front of thousands of people nearly scared me to death. "Jasmine!" I turned and saw my friend Cameron handed me my phone. "Your dad." She said quickly.