Chapter 10~ Jasmine Carter

My heart beats goes faster and faster at the moment. This was the question I've been dreading to answer. I put my book down on my lap and looked at Benjamin. His intense gaze was on me, and I was sure he was waiting for an answer. I bit my lip and looked down again, fiddling with a pencil.

My ticket was already printed and I was already planning to pack by tomorrow. Dad said that my aunt and uncle are already setting the room for me and preparing me for my expected visit. I also had an expected date to audition on the X Factor and all I need to do is show up and sing. But as of right now, I was actually not sure if I want to go or not.

I shut my eyes closed to stop the tears from falling. I took a huge breath before opening my eyes, still looking down my lap.

"Where did you hear that?" I asked, stalling him.

"That doesn't matter." Benjamin said, hearing the coldness of his voice. "Why are you leaving?"

I suddenly kissed him hard and forcefully, trying to stop the tears from falling. I pulled back and put my face on my hands, not wanting to look at Benjamin since I know he'll look at me confusingly, and it's time for me to explain the thing that's been going on.

"Jasmine," I could hear the venom in his voice.

"I'm going back to California." I mumbled, the tears now finally escaping.

Silence enveloped us as faint sobs escaped my parted mouth. I wanted to leave, not wanting to hear Benjamin's voice, but my feet was planted on the ground as if it doesn't want me to escape and is making me hear what Benjamin's going to say.

"Why?" His voice full of fear. "You're whole family is leaving?"

"No, only me, Benjamin." I said, removing my face from my hands. I looked at him, tears still falling on my face, my lip trembling. "I made a stupid deal with my parents."

"And what's the deal?"

I stopped and looked at him first. "I promised my parents that if I don't have a boyfriend 'til I'm sixteen, they will let me go back to California." Benjamin's face was filled with fear. I held both of his hands. "But that was before I met you, Benjamin. I was- I was desperate of my career and I- I wanted to audition, but I forgot about the deal when I met you."

Benjamin looked at me, hope in his face. "You're staying, right?"

I felt my heart shattered when I saw his face. I slowly removed my hands from his. "No."

"So you're gonna leave me?" Benjamin said, a little angry.

"I don't know have any choice, they already printed my tickets and I already have a date to audition in the X Factor." I explained.

"But you're leaving me." Benjamin said, his eyes furrowing in anger.

I looked at him with a stupid face. "Are you kidding me? Are you really that selfish?" I asked angrily. "Here we are, talking about my career and all you're thinking about is yourself?"

"I'm the selfish one?" He said, standing up and facing me. "We talked about our dreams and you didn't even bother telling me about that deal?"

"So what?" I asked, standing up to be eye level with him. "I didn't think it was relevant information since we just started to know each other!" My voice raising.

"But you didn't tell me three years ago?" Benjamin's voice raising, too. "Jasmine, we love each other!"

My heart should be fluttering when I heard him say we loved each other, but it didn't. "Exactly! I loved you too much to forget about that stupid deal." I said. "I may love you but my career goes first."

"See? You don't care about me!" He shouted. I let out a frustrated groan. "Didn't you hear me? I fucking love you, Benjamin!" I said, jabbing a finger on his chest.

"I loved you too much that I forgot myself! I love you too much that I didn't want to tell you that deal because I knew you're get hurt and I knew you'll get mad at me. Don't you see it?" I said, tears falling again and I'm pretty sure my face is read. "I put you first but now I want to have a career."

"What should I do? What should I do to make you stay? Huh? Do I have to kiss you? Here." He grabbed my face and kissed me forcefully and hungrily. I hit him hard on the chest and pushed him away from me.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked, gasping for air.

"I can't believe this!" He said, walking out of the room and leaving me, tears falling down my face.

When the door slammed, I dropped down on the floor and let my tears fall down. I let out a loud frustrated groan again before getting up and running put of the music and go to my bedroom. I plopped myself on the bed and let my tears flow down to my pillow.

I didn't realize what time it was as I heard the door open. It was dark in my room, and the tall figure's shadow was towering over me. I saw him sit down next to me and hugged me tightly. I realized that it was my dad, with his muscular arms and a stubble on his chin. I hugged him tighter and let myself cry again.

"Why can't he understand?" I said on his chest. "Why can't he understand how important this is for me?"

Dad didn't answer yet he caressed my hair and let me cry on his chest, not caring if my tears wet his clothes.

"Do you think he'll ever forgive me? Or at least talk to me?" I asked.

"I don't know, sweetheart. I don't know." He whispered to me. I cried harder until the last tear flow, until I fell asleep.

Ugh, short chapter, I know. I need to maintain the 15 chapters so Sorry about that. Sorry for the late chapter, too! There was a family problem so I have to stop my writing.

I'm so glad you guys are loving the book! I'm planning to revise the first chapters since it sounded boring but I'm lazy haha. :D

Okay, so what do you guys think about this chapter? Comment below and vote!