Chapter 1~ Benjamin Lasnier

Age 15

I laughed at Jasmine as I saw a milk moustache on her mouth. Jasmine looked at me with confusion as I covered my mouth from laughter. We were in Jasmine's kitchen when Jasmine asked me to come over. We started watching tv shows, then we'll occasionally go to Jasmine's music room to hear others songs. We also just stayed lying on the floor and have a deep conversation. When we went to the kitchen, she poured herself a glass of milk.

"You have a little something over..." I reached out and wiped the milk moustache with my thumb.

When I wiped away her milk, I felt her soft lips which were slightly agape. I looked at her lip, then to her eyes. A little thankful that no one was in her house. We locked eyes together. This wasn't supposed to be what friends do, but it's been a year and I'm trying to stop my feelings. I could feel Jasmine's hard breathing through her nose. Her chest was moving in and out.

I leaned closer to her, about to kiss her. She suddenly pulled away as she knew what I was trying to do. She then looked away. "Oh." She said, touching her lips. "I didn't know."

"I'm sorry." I apologized to her. She looked at me and gave me a small smile.

"It's okay." She said. "This must be really hard for you." She said a couple of minutes later.

"Kind of." I answered. "Jasmine,"

"It's hard for me too." She said as she gulped. "It's my fault for making a stupid deal with my parents." She said, feeling guilty.

"Hey, don't blame yourself." I said, lifting her chin up. "I love you, and I know you love me too. I can't help my feelings." I said, giving her a smile.

I felt a pair of arms around me. I closed my eyes and hugged her back. We stayed there for a while longer. "You shouldn't have loved me." Jasmine said. I pulled back and cupped her face. Her eyes had a pool of tears. She blinked and a tear rolled down her cheek. I wiped away her tear and faced her.

"I didn't regret loving you, Jasmine." I said. "I'll wait for you. I'll wait for you until the very end."

"What if you can't wait for me anymore?" She asked as another tear rolled down. "What if I let you wait for a long time and you don't have the same feelings as you have now?" She cried silently.

I made her hands intertwined with hands. "You're the only girl I see." I said. "You're going to be the only person I'll love my whole life." I said.

"How can you be so sure?" She asked.

"Because I know." I answered her. I kissed the back of her hand, reassuring her that she'll be the only girl I would see. She still looked guilty from what happened. I loved her a lot. She was the only girl I saw in my eyes.

She was the only girl I wanted to have in my life. She would be my first and last love. She was a wonderful person, a very beautiful girl. Only she was the person I wanted to have in my life. I loved her in every single way. She makes me happy.

"Are you sure?" Jasmine asked again.

"If I have to wait for a long time, I would because the outcome would be you." I said, looking at her, leaning closer and closer as I closed my eyes. "And I'll love you forever."

"Nothing lasts forever." Jasmine breathed out. "There will always be an end."

"Then I'll wait for you until the very end." I whispered. "I'll wait for us." I leaned forward and pressed my lips on hers, my lips in synch with hers.

It was a slow one. A passionate one that was full of emotion. I slid one of my hand to her waist as I deepened the kiss. I felt her other hand on my neck and the other holding my free hand.

Right there, I wished that time could stop. I wished that we could stay like this forever. My lips on hers, the jolt of electricity still running through my spine. My hands on hers and hers on mine. I wanted to freeze this moment and replay it in my mind every time I want to.

It was just me and her. Loving each other. Like every person was doing. But we, we have a different situation. We have a situation where we have to try and control our feelings because of a promise. We try, and it's hard.

My relationship with Jasmine was a hard one. We understood that. We try to stop what we do, even if we wanted to. I knew Jasmine regretted making that promise, but I didn't. Jasmine's promise was a good one. Jasmine's promise was a challenge for me. It determines to know if I really love her or not. It shows if I can wait for her in the future. It determines to see if I can wait for her, or if I will give up on her.

She was one of the people I can never give up now.