Chapter 3 ~ Benjamin Lasnier

Dedicated to Lyn-Isa for suggesting the theme song for this book. Skinny Love by Birdy. Thank you!

Enjoy!

"Can you teach me how to skateboard?" Jasmine asked when I stopped. Her eyes were bright and I could see she wants to learn how to ride one.

She was wearing denim shorts, with a graphic shirt of an owl on the middle with her favourite green vans. We were in our neighbourhood and I suggested to go have some fresh air since I just noticed that we were always inside my house or hers. Also, since driving lessons from her dad was getting us stressful. I knew driving would be fun, but I love skateboarding more. She smiled delightedly and skipped outside my house, sitting down on the grass and looked up on the clouds. She even started taking pictures of the scenery.

It was almost sunset, but Jasmine still agreed and went outside. I took my skateboard from the garage and just started skateboarding on the pavement. When Jasmine saw me with a skateboard, she watched me as I did a few tricks.

"Please?" She asked. "Just a few minutes." She said, holding out her fingers to show how long it would only take her. I thought about it for a second and smiled at her.

"Sure." I said. Jasmine smiled happily and stood up, making her way on my skateboard. "Be careful." I said when I helped her.

"How do you do it?" She asked. I started to teach her the basics. I told her where her foot should be and how to start it. She was uneasy at first, but she started to get a hang of it.

"Are you ready?" I asked her, wrapping my arms on her waist so that she wouldn't fall. She nodded her head and started to do it. After one push, she swiftly started riding. I started running to catch up with her, my hands still on her waist.

I was about to let go of her, but I felt her hands on mine. "Don't let me go." She simply said, her hands on mine. I still could feel the jolt going through me when she touches me.

"Okay." I answered, not letting her go. When she stopped, she got off the skateboard.

"That was scary." She said, still holding my hands. "I'd rather use my own bike instead of using a skateboard that would kill me." She said.

"It's your first time." I smiled. "You'll get used to it." I reassured her. She looked down and saw that my hands were on hers. She blushed and quickly remove her hands. She looked flustered as I grinned at her. Quickly, she took my skateboard and smiled at me.

"I'll do it again." She said. "This time, by myself."

"Be careful." I said when she hopped on my skateboard.

I watched her as she went to the direction of our houses. I slowly jogged as I want to catch up with her. She was doing fine, when I saw that she wasn't paying attention on the block in front of her.

"Jasmine!" I shouted. "The block!" Jasmine looked at me, but it was too late. The board stopped and Jasmine fell on the pavement. I ran up to her and bend down. "Jasmine." She didn't completely fall, but her right knee was scraped. I helped her sit down and examine the scrape.

"Ow." She said quietly when she tried to move her leg.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine." She said.

"Good thing it isn't deep." I said when I was looking at her knee. I looked on my left to see that my house was two houses away. "Stay here." I said, standing up and running to the house. I felt dumb when I said. Of course she would stay there, she can't walk.

I went to the bathroom and took out a band-aid, cotton, and the anti-scrape liquid as it was said on the bottle. I rushed out of the house and went to Jasmine. She was still sitting on the grass, looking at her knee. I plopped down right in front of her and started wiping away the blood with the cotton and liquid.