Chapter 7~ Benjamin Lasnier

"Benjamin."

I shifted and turned to the other side of my bed, a grunt following.

"Benjamin," the voice said again. I groaned and wiped my face with my hands, still not wanting to wake up just yet.

A kiss was placed on my lips, savoring the sweet taste on mine, hiding the smile that made it across my face. A frown was placed on my mouth when she removed her lips too quick. I sighed again and continued to do a fake snore. A giggle I knew too well ricocheted my room, her hot breath fanning my lips.

"Benjamin, wake up." She said sweetly.

I lazily opened one eyelid up, to see the black haired girl with a huge smile on her face. Her eyes were on me, boring into mine as her cross legged figure was gazing towards me and my bed. Another giggle escaped her lips as she held up a piece of pastry. My eyes were now open when I saw a chocolate cupcake with one candle lit up in front of me.

"Happy birthday." She smiled. I stood up and crossed my legs to be closer to her, the cupcake in between our faces. "Make a wish!" She whispered, not wanting to make a sound.

It was morning. The sun's rays shined down my window, having light in my room. Birds chirped as no sound was filled outside of the room. I stared at the lit up candle and closed my eyes.

I wish I could be with this girl right in front of me.

I blew softly and put out the fire. Jasmine's smile grew wider as she stared at me. Setting the cupcake to the side, Jasmine hugged me tightly, a chuckle escaping my lips.

"Happy sixteenth birthday, Benja!" She whispered on my ear. We pulled away as I took her hand on mine, intertwining it like vines.

"Thank you." I smiled at her. "But you do know I am shirtless." I warned, moving my hand up and down my body.

"So?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You never like it when I'm shirtless." I reminded.

"Well, I can't wait for you to put on a short before I hug you, right?" She pointed out.

"Good point." We both chuckled. I leaned in and placed my lips on hers, passionately and softly. Sliding down my hands on her waist, I pulled her closer to me as she wrapped her arms around my neck. As we pulled back, our breaths mixed together as I pressed my forehead against hers.

"You know," I started. "that was the best gift ever." A smiled made its way to her lips.

"You said that last year." Jasmine reminded the time when I kissed her for my fifteenth birthday.

"'Cause it is." I smiled. A giggle escaped her lips again, making me smile wider.

"Get up!" She said, making me stand up. "You're mom made you a special birthday breakfast!"

"You're just excited because you want to eat." I pointed out. She bobbed her head up and down, indicating that I was right.

"Come on, and put a shirt on!" She said, throwing a blue t-shirt she randomly took from my drawer to me. I laughed and quickly put my shirt on as Jasmine dragged me to the kitchen.

"Happy birthday, Benji!" My family greeted me. Kisses and hugs were washed over me, and loud noises from my siblings were heard. Jasmine's laughter bounced through the kitchen walls, making me stare at her for a moment and receiving a nudge from my mother.

"How about your favorite father?" I heard a familiar voice said. I turned around and saw my dad with his arms wide open, a grin displayed on his face.