Chapter 15~ Benjamin Lasnier & Jasmine Carter

Benjamin's POV

"Come on, Benjamin, sit down!" Arianna urged me to sit down with them on my living room as we all huddled to the television.

I rolled my eyes and followed her order, sitting down on the brown rug in front of the television. The whole family and my friends always came to our house every Thursday to watch Jasmine in the X Factor USA. We watched her audition, then at the bootcamp where she sang Clarity by Zedd, then sang Ain't No Other Man by Cristina Aguilera live as the opening, and many more songs I did not remember depending on the theme of the week.

So far, Demi Lovato became her mentor, and since it was almost Thanksgiving, this week is dedication week. Each contestant will have to perform a song and should be dedicated to somebody in their life. Everybody, even at school, has been buzzing on who will Jasmine be dedicating the song she is singning to.

It has already been a month since we saw Jasmine auditioned, and I haven't talked to her since. I did try talking to her, but she always hangs up on me. There was also this one time when Jasmine was having a video chat with her parents and I was behind the kitchen counter at the moment. When I approached the camera, she excused herself that she needed to go back to rehearsals.

This past month, I have been thinking more about Jasmine, lately. Mostly about how everything wouldn't have changed if Jasmine actually stayed. Even my friends started noticing it, but I did try to hide it by putting a fake smile on my face, yet that didn't really help either.

"Jasmine's next!" Patricia pointed to the screen excitedly. Everyone quieted around us as they watched the short preview they give before a contestant does a performance.

Jasmine's POV

Last week...

"Hey," Cole, one of my fellow contestants, handed me a cup of hot chocolate. I smiled a thank you as he sat down on the other love seat. I took a small sip of my beverage, enjoying the taste of chocolate going down my throat. "What song are you going to sing?" He asked, filling in the silence.

"'Say Something' by A Great Big World." I answered.

"Ah, who are you dedicating it to?" He asked. Crossing my legs, I put down the drink on the coffee table.

"Somebody." I smiled teasingly.

"Come on!" Cole insisted.

"Fine. It's a guy." I sugarcoated.

"Is it something personal?" He asked in a serious face. I was silent for a moment and exhaled. Looking back at Cole, I nodded and gave him a small smile. "You know you can talk about it." Cole offered. Knowing Cole, he became one of my friends here. We would practically share funny stories to one another, cry to one another when we got in. For a guy, he really was sensitive, so he can share experiences, too.

I want to tell many stories to him, but every time I want to I will always hear my heart breaking. Also, there are cameras around- even if they tried to hide it- so I know that it really isn't a good time to share personal moments outside.

"Let's just say, it's somebody very personal to me." I smiled as I took another sip of my drink. Cole nodded understandingly as he also knows that there are cameras everywhere.

The next day was rehearsals and I was sitting next to Demi on the piano. "So, Jasmine, what song?" She asked excitedly.

"Say Something by A Great Big World." I responded.

"Oh my gosh, I love that song!" Demi commented as I giggled. "And who will you dedicate this song to?"

I looked at the piano keys in front of me before I answered, "A guy I fell in love with."