Little McCann

Jason's POV

I had my little girl. Addison. I shed a few tears while admiring her. Everyone was excited. They told me how beautiful she was.

When I look at her. I see Genesis. Just little things she caught from me.

I felt a soft hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Genesis.

Genesis: you need some rest. You and I need rest.

I nodded. Addison began to cry.

Jason: can I get her

She gave her to me.

Jason: why are you crying babygirl....daddy's here. Sh sh. Nothing is ever going to happen to you. I promise. You're my everything. I'm just afraid of the things I'll put you threw. I don't anything happening to you sweet girl. I promise to love you and protect forever baby. I love you so much.

She began to close her eyes. She held on to my finger and went to sleep

I turned to see Genesis....balling her eyes out. I sat in the chair. Rocking Addison back and forth.

Genesis POV

Jason: why are you crying babygirl....daddy's here. Sh sh. Nothing is ever going to happen to you. I promise. You're my everything. I'm just afraid of the things I'll put you threw. I don't anything happening to you sweet girl. I promise to love you and protect forever baby. I love you so much.

I heard every word. I knew he meant those words. He said them to me once.....but this time he gave more meaning to it. I know....that for a fact.
Those are the last words I'll ever hear from...not even saying them to me. But to Addison.

With all emotions....I cried hearing those words.

*Next Morning*

I new it was morning.....due to sun hittin the window.
I slightly turned my head. Addison was in her little bed....just looking at Jason sleep.

He looked cold. I quickly got up and cover him with a blanket. I felt gross and nasty. I need a shower.

My dad walked in.

Dad: hey feeling okay

Genesis: yea fine. Just....I'm going to take a shower...could you watch her please.

Dad: pleasure.

I got my bag and carried it to the bathroom with me.
Taking everything off me. I looked at every scar. Every scar had meaning or memory. I turned to the mirror. Turning my back. I saw scratches. I looked down at my stomach. Several bullet wounds......Jason's tattoo

I closed my eyes and remembered everything like it was just yesterday. I never thought at 20 years old. I would have a kid.

My way of thinking....has changed.....for the better. Protecting Addison.

I got out the shower. Drying myself. I heard conversations going on. I heard Alex.
I quickly changed and dried my hair.

Walking out everyone just looked at me.

Genesis: something wrong?

Alex was crying....along with Jason. Alex walked forward and showed me something.