Being Parents

Jason's POV

Closing the door behind her, I sat up.
Nothing was every supposed to end up like this.

Not being able to sleep, I walked to Addison's room. Duke was under her crib.

Watching her sleep, she looked like an angel. She's us put together. Two souls in one. My perfect angel.

I made sure she was warm, covering her up with her blanket, I went back to my room.

Retuning to the room, i head soft and slow chatter going on in the next room.

Genesis: no, bell. You- stop talking and let me talk. It's not easy. You have no room to talk anyway. I was talking yo mom not you.

Bell: don't be rude crusty

Genesis: I ain't crusty lil hoe you are. Go to sleep.

Jimena: both of you. Bell get some rest. Go on love.

Genesis: I can't help it-

Jimena: if you are madly in love with him, they why aren't you with him.?

Genesis: wouldn't you put your child first? Mom c'mon you and dad did that.

Jimena: I know. But times do change. Don't walk my path. Go your own way. You are obviously still in love with him.

Genesis: I never said I stopped. He....he can just be so stubborn and insensitive. But he's supportive and genuine. He's a good dad. But for now I just wanna focus on Addison. She's my everything and will always be. If putting love on hold with Jason is what I have to do in order to become a good mom. I'll do it. And I just hope he understands he wants the same thing. We both do. But since she was born she changed both of our lives forever. There's no going back in time and changing it. I wouldn't change it.

Jimena: look at you. I can't tell wether to be happy or upset with you. Look at you. The success you have. You are a queen. You are cable of doing anything and everything. You think people don't talk? You went out of your way and safety to go and get his mom back. Seriously what the hell is wrong with you? You can with father of your child and fall in love all over again and still be a good mom. Anything is possible. Simply with one step at a time. Do you imagine the pain Jason is going through?

Genesis: he broke it off with me-

Jimena: I didn't say you could speak. He broke it off still doesn't mean he doesn't love you. He's here now. That's what matters. He stayed with you. He saw he what was missing and wanted you back. Is that not enough? There is a man in the next room, who is willing love and care for you and your daughter but you....you are too damn stubborn and have too much pride to admit it.

Genesis: I am you. I am you and dad put together of course I'm going to be stubborn and have a shit ton of pride. My daughter is my main priority and that's all I want right now. Yes I love Jason. Yes I want to be with him. Yes things may happen. But one step at a time. Don't rush me.

Jimena: alright then. Are we done? Because after today I'm pretty tired.

Genesis: yes, good night.

I heard her steps getting closer I ran to my room. I pretended I just woke up and opened the door.

She jumped

Genesis: jeez....

Jason: *fake yawn* sorry, I was gonna get some water