First sit down interview

Today is one of those milestone days where I wish I didn't have to go to work. Tyler has his first sit down interview about his accident, injury, and progress. I would love to be there for him. He's nervous about it. He was barely able to sleep last night. It didn't help that the Stars advanced to the Stanley Cup playoffs last night on top of all of this. It's all weighing on his mind. Since Tyler isn't able to drive just yet Jamie agreed to go with him to the interview. I'm thankful that he offered because Tyler was about to just take an Uber there and back and I would rather him have a friend there for moral support. I know I'm just being overprotective and he would be fine on his own but I feel more comfortable with Jamie going with him. Of course I would rather it be me but since I can't Jamie would be my first choice.

Tyler continues to amaze me as well as his doctors. He is progressing so well. He is still a little slow with walking but he no longer needs his chair. He's already made plans with Veronica's parents to drop it off to her. Of course there is still a lot of room for improvement but it's huge that he can be up on his feet with little to no help. I thought it would take longer than this for him to get to this point but here we are. The only problem with him progressing so fast is that now he wants to try to rush other things and it scares me. He keeps bringing up skating and hockey and the doctors try to avoid the conversation but soon they're not going to be able to do that anymore. He is determined and when he wants something he won't stop until he gets it.

Tyler stands in the closet with only his slacks on, studying his shirts. I walk up behind him and put my arms around his stomach and rest my chin on his back. He puts his hands on mine. "Just trying to figure out what to wear," he says.

"You should just do the interview like this," I say as I run my hands up his stomach to his chest.

He turns around and puts his hands on my waist. "I don't think so." He leans down and kisses me softly. I kiss him back before he goes back to looking at the shirts.

"Well you look good in anything so just close your eyes and pick one."

He smiles. "You're in a mood this morning."

"You're looking hot. I can't help myself."

"Too bad you have to go to work and Jamie will be here any minute."

"Just pick the white one. It's a classic," I say as I pull the hanger with the white shirt off the rod and hand it to him.

"The white one it is." He takes the shirt off the hanger and hangs the empty hanger back up in the closet. He puts one arm then the other into the sleeve and leaves it open while he looks for a tie.

"You're killing me, you know that?" I say.

"What has gotten into you?"

"Sometimes I'm in the mood for sex. That's not my fault."

"You could have felt this way last night. We both don't have time for this right now."

I sigh. "I know." I hear the front door open from downstairs and footsteps through the house. "Jamie must be here," I say as I start buttoning up his shirt. "The black tie. Just go with the black tie."

He grabs the black tie and puts it around his neck as I button the last button. He ties it, tightens it, and positions it perfectly against his neck. He tucks in his shirt as I grab the suit jacket from the hanger. I hold it out for him and he puts his arms in and turns around. He looks over my shoulder and nods to Jamie. "Hey, man."

"You ready to go?" Jamie asks.

"Yeah. Almost," Tyler replies. He walks into the bathroom to style his hair.