Chapter 5: Eret son of Eret

Eret's POV

"Well, thanks anyway, Alvin" I said as I walked out of the Meade hall.

"Sorry that I couldn't help!" Alvin said.

And as I waved at Alvin, I bumped into something and fell to the ground.

"Hey! Watch i..." I stopped as I stated into a beautiful pair of ocean blue eyes.

The beautiful eyes belonged to a beautiful girl with hair as shiny as gold and around her head she had a leather hairband.

"I'm sorry, ...?" I asked as I stood up and offered her my hand to help her up. She took it and I lifted her up.

"Astrid, Astrid Hofferson" She said as she shook my hand and stared into my eyes as well.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Eret son of Eret" I said as I gazed into her eyes.

"Nice to meet you Eret" She said as she let go of my hand and brushed the dirt of her skirt.

Astrid's POV

I smiled at Eret as I walked past him with the gang following.

I slammed the Meade hall doors open.

"Hi, Alvin" I said.

"Ah! Dragon riders! How is it going with you?" Alvin asked.

"Great! But we're here for another reason" I said.

"And what may that be?" Alvin asked.

"We need to find a letter that was hidden here" I said to him. Alvin tapped his chin.

"I think I have something here" Alvin said as he walked out of the Meade hall. We followed him.

He opened the door to his house, and we followed. He searched through some drawers and then he showed us a letter.

"Here it is" Alvin said as he handed me the letter. I took it and examined it. The gang stared at me, waiting for me to open it.

I opened it and read it.

Dear Astrid...

Meeting you was fate,
Becoming your friend was a choice,
But falling in love with you was beyond my control.

And I wish you only knew how much those little moments with you mattered.

From Darkness to Light, the next letter is snowy, so be prepared, because there, you will find a green spot, and the next letter will be on this spot.

"Who gave you this Alvin?" I asked him. He sighed.

"I can't tell you, I'm sorry" Alvin said. But then, he turned back to his drawer and picked something up. He handed a piece of paper to me. I took it and looked at it.

"I..it's me" I said as I looked at the drawing. It was a drawing of me from when I was fifteen. It looked exactly like me when I was fifteen. It was stunning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE IF YOU ENJOY!**