Lost Without You

© 2013, Briana Hernandez

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be produced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author. Any infringement is punishable by law and infringers may be subject to court fees, fines, and jail sentence.

This book is a work of fiction. Any references to historical events, real people, or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and incidents are products of the author's imagination, and any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

Prologue

Where the heck was Bryson at?! I had to cover for him when mom was hounding me about his whereabouts. I was currently dressed in the nice light blue dress she had bought me for the birthday dinner she and my father arranged for Bryson and I. All of our family and friends were coming over so she wanted to make sure Bryson was around. She found it highly suspicious when I had come inside without Bryson behind me.

I kind of freaked out and choked so I said he had run off to the store to buy me some feminine products. She looked at me suspiciously but dismissed it quickly knowing that Bryson would go to the store for me if I had asked.

I had quickly gotten ready and went out to our garage to take a look at my motorcycle when Bryson pulled up in his. Bryson and I adored our bikes as if they were our children, which is why we decided to get the exact same bikes and convinced our parents that we were responsible enough to get out licenses when we were fifteen and a half.

Bryson took off his helmet and greeted me with a, "Hey sis!"

"Bryson where were you? I covered for you with mom but I kind of messed up and said you were off buying me... girl stuff," I explained and questioned all at the same time.

Bryson started laughing and I couldn't help but join him. "I was talking to Brittney after school for a while and then I decided to go get ice cream with Aubrey," he said. I groaned at his response. "Okay, Willy! I don't get why you make a huge deal about dating."

"Because Bry, we just turned sixteen today which means that we have to wait until our eighteen birthdays to find our mates. That's how it has always been. You wait two years after the transformation so that when you finally find your mate you can show her how committed you were in waiting for her," I explained as if we were six again.

"I know, but what's the shame in dating," he argued.

"Girls are already falling all over you at school, human and wolf, it is too much temptation and knowing you, you're a sucker for their eyes," I chuckled out.

"Hey, I'm not the one that has to beat up every boy that checks you out," he countered.

"The only reason I don't have to beat anyone up yet is because I already threatened them at the beginning of the year, but it looks like I'm going to have to have a little chat with Brittney and Aubrey tomorrow," I replied nonchalantly.

"You warned them all off of me?" He asked surprised.

"What's a sister for?" I replied and he laughed then shook his head.

"You're more than that; you're my best friend Willy," he told me as he slung an arm over my shoulder.

"So are you Bry. Now, let's get you inside and dressed for tonight. If you don't change out of that jacket mom is going to wrestle you out of it," I told him as I tugged him along.