Chapter Twenty-Five - Tell Me About It

© 2014, Briana Hernandez

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

☼☼ Chapter Twenty-Five ☼☼- ♦♦ Tell Me About It◊◊

Wren and I were halfway home when I got the sick sensation I get when I use the weird abilities that I have.

“So poor little Ellie thought she could impress the boy she has had a crush on for a while, but…” I tried to keep up with Wren’s story, I really was, but a sharp pain shot through my head. It was like watching fireworks, the burst is small at first and then you watch as it widely spreads through the sky. “She is a bit clumsy, I’ll tell you that. Her whole meal landed on the boy. She was so-Woah! Are you alright?” Wren stopped his story telling when my shaky hands caused my car to swerve a little.

I quickly sat up straight and pulled over to the side of the road before turning off the car.

“Yeah, sorry. Just got a head rush,” I lied as I shook my head back and forth but that only succeeded in making the pain worse. “Ugh,” I groaned as I leaned my head back on the head rest.

“You look a bit…” Wren didn’t finish his sentence as he came closer and pulled me towards him. His full lips planted themselves on my forehead and I was once again sucked into one of those vision things.

“You need to start pushing, Alpha,” the doctor told me.

“No, he’s going to miss it,” I gritted out through clenched teeth. There was a gentle squeeze of my hand and when I looked down at the familiar freckled hand I quickly looked up to see his face.

“I’ve already called him, Willy. He said he would be here soon. Just do as the doctor says,” Bryson was going to say more before a bloodcurdling yell of his name stopped him. “I have to go tend to my wife now. I’m here though. You’re strong. I love you, Willy,” he said before he let go and moved to the other side of the room. I tried to see who he was tending to, but the doctor quickly obstructed my view.

Just then, I heard an all too familiar voice, “I’m here! Where is she? Willa?!”

“Willa?!” Wren called to get my attention as he removed his lips from my forehead.

I quickly snapped out of it. “Sorry, I guess it has just been a long day,” I replied as I rubbed my temples as if that would get rid of the unsettling images. “Why did you do that?” I asked him as I placed my fore head on the steering wheel.

“What?” He retorted.

“You know, why did you put your lips on me?”

“Oh, my mother used to do that to us when she would check for a fever. She always said that it felt more accurate than just putting your hand on the person. Sorry for not checking with you first,” he explained.

“It’s alright,” I waved it away as I gritted my teeth to force the nausea away.