Chapter Twelve- You Just Sort of Remind Me of My Brother

© 2013, Briana Hernandez

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

☼☼ Chapter Twelve ☼☼- ♦♦ You Just Sort of Remind Me of My Brother ◊◊

The flight to Bourges, France was a bit tedious, but luckily I had a ton of crap to think about on the way there. For instance, why had I given in to Wren so easily? He was a petty human after all, yet I had to make sure I hadn’t hurt him. Why wasn’t Marcus answering anyone’s calls? It wasn’t like him to give up on something as important as the family company. I was back on the basketball team, but I had left Coach a message before I boarded the plane, saying that I wouldn’t be making practice and if she found a problem with my schedule then I would completely understand if I wasn’t able to be apart of the team again. I was going to be missing school again, but plenty of my teachers were understanding and would send me my coursework if they saw that I wasn’t in. I hated using the fact that I’m their Alpha as an excuse, but they were pretty willing. I still had to deal with the whole seeing Bryson’s ghost thing. I have yet to figure out how to see him again and I feel like an internal clock was ticking down inside of me. Sooner or later it was going to be too late and there was nothing I could do as the time came. I had to start looking for these unknown answers soon or else everything was going to get worse. My nosebleeds were getting worse and if I don’t figure out what’s happening I’m pretty sure the nosebleeds were only small symptoms of something worse.

Everything was going pretty much downhill for me.

“Hey,” Caleb said as he nudged me with his elbow. “We’re here,” he mumbled as he hefted himself up from his seat.

I let out a silent groan as I shook off my thoughts and stood up along side him.

“Let’s go gentlemen,” I called as we got off of the plane. My muscles were aching to get off of the plane as fast as possible. Being trapped in a cramped flying object was not fun for a wolf that liked to run.

We were greeted by one of Émile’s men.

“Hello Alpha Bennett, I am Olivier and I will be taking you to Alpha Émile. If you would all follow me?” Olivier’s accent was thick as he spoke in English. The boy looked to be no more than eighteen, but I was pretty good at telling people’s ages by their eyes so he was around twenty-two. His dark brown hair was shaggy and I could tell that he hadn’t cut it in a while and his grey eyes looked sad as if he was going through great pain. Olivier was also skinnier that most wolves; he looked like he barely ate and he had bags under his eyes so it was pretty obvious that he barely got any sleep.

“Avez-vous veniez seul, Olivier?” I asked if he came alone as he led us to the giant bus.

*His eyes widened slightly as he realized that I spoke French, but he replied with, “Oui, notre Alpha ne m'a envoyé pour récupérer tous. Maintenant, il devient très en colère contre moi si je ne reste pas à la tâche. Il répondra à toutes vos questions. Si vous s'il vous plaît procéder dans le véhicule.”

I narrowed my eyes slightly, but reluctantly jumped in first.

The ride over was quiet as I had mental conversations with my Pack members. Olivier stayed focused on the road, but it looked like he wanted to ask me something. I studied him and was surprised when I could hear what was going on in his mind.

**“ J'espère qu'ils n'ont rien fait pour lui en mon absence. J'espère juste que Nicolas avait assez de bon sens pour éviter des ennuis. Cette femelle alpha est anormal, donc j'espère qu'il reste loin d'elle. Elle va seulement essayer de l'attirer avec sa beauté. Je me demande si ils vont jamais le laisser autour de femelles. Je veux vraiment lui de trouver son compagnon, j'espère juste qu'elle ne le rejettent car comment son handicap.” Olivier went on and on about Nicolas. This guy must be important to him, but I didn’t add Olivier’s worries onto the giant mountain that I already had with my worries.