Chapter Nineteen- I'm Not a Crack Head

© 2013, Briana Hernandez

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

☼☼ Chapter Nineteen ☼☼- ♦♦ I’m Not a Crack Head ◊◊

“You’re talking about Caleb,” I stated.

“Yes, but he doesn’t want me. He wants you,” she said as her voice shook.

“How can that be possible?” I asked to myself.

Luisa thought that I was talking to her, so she answered with, “I don’t know, but all I’m asking is that you leave him alone for a bit so that I can work it out with him. I know he didn’t mean what he told me.” I felt so bad for her because she was about to burst out in tears, but at the same time I didn’t have anything to do with what Caleb did.

“We’ll get this settled. I’ll tell him to meet me here,” I told her.

“No, then he’ll hate me forever. He can’t know that I came to talk to you. He all but forced me to go back home after the meeting the other day,” she pleaded.

“I’ll make him see reason. It is not my intention to come between mates,” I replied as I got up from my desk. I pulled out my phone and called Caleb.

“Hey, pumpkin. Did you miss me and decide to ditch your meeting for more time with me?” He asked in his regular teasing tone.

“Caleb, get here now,” I ordered before I hung up.

“How do you do it? How do you keep his interest? He only came around every so often and then he would leave. I can’t understand why he would just say that he loved me and then spend weeks on end acting as if we were strangers,” Luisa sobbed.

“Caleb is just confused. I’m sorry that idiot doesn’t realize a good thing when he sees it,” I replied.

“I do know a good thing when I see it and I’m lookin’ right at her,” Caleb announced as he burst through the door, all the while his gaze set on me.

I walked straight up to him, looked him dead in the eye, and punched him in the face as hard as I could. There was a satisfying crunch as his nose broke under my fist and then there was blood.

“You lied to me. I thought you were my friend and this whole time you have been using me just like you used those girls in high school just before you got what you wanted from them. I can’t believe I actually trusted you. I can’t even look at you right now without wanting to murder you,” I growled out.

“Willa, let me explain,” Caleb pleaded as he clutched his gushing nose. At least someone knew how it felt getting a serious nosebleed.

“You have five minutes,” I hissed as I turned away from him just so that I wouldn’t ring his neck.

“You weren’t supposed to be here, Luisa. I told you I didn’t want you anymore,” Caleb yelled at Luisa.