Chapter Two- The Same Silence for the Past Two Years

© 2013, Briana Hernandez

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

☼☼ Chapter Two☼☼- ♦♦The Same Silence for the Past Two Years◊◊ 

The new kids were not going to make this an easy year for me. I just needed to watch them and keep my distance. But it wasn’t my fault that they had me so disturbed that it was still pouring rain outside. The weather and my moods are still things that I haven’t been able to fully control yet.

Because of the rain we were going to have P.E. in the Gym. Great! I was already getting antsy by sitting at a desk all day. I thought we would at least be able to stretch our legs and run.

“Okay, girls! Gather ‘round,” Mrs. Simons yelled out as we entered the Gym. “So as y’all can see. It is rainin’, so we will be in here with the boys. It is basically a free period as long as y’all are doin’ somethin’. Y’all have the option of playing basketball, soccer, or you can jog around the courts. Let’s get to it ladies,” she finished with a loud clap of her hands.

I immediately separated myself from the girls and began jogging around the courts. The boys would be here soon and I really didn’t need them looking at me while I ran. I really needed to go out for a run tonight. After I dealt with my workload first that is.

I was able to run around the six courts four times by the time the boys entered the Gym. Why was it that I immediately spotted that shaggy mop of blond hair right off the bat?

I ignored the boys and headed over to the sack that held the basketballs. I had grabbed a basketball and had begun dribbling it as I headed over to a secluded court when I was stopped.

“Willa? Do you think we can join you?” Wren asked as he and Elle jogged up beside me.

Right as I was about to say no, Elle spoke up and said, “You see, we’ve never played basketball before. Our family was always more of a cricket type of sport, but we heard that you play quite well. Do you think you can teach us?”

“Why don’t y’all just look up a video on Youtube? That way you can leave me the f*ck alone,” I grumbled as I walked away. Of course Elle being the stupid blonde Barbie that she was took that as an invitation as she dragged Wren along behind me.

“Elle, I don’t think she wants us to play with her,” Wren whispered, but of course I could hear him.

“Don’t be silly! Willa just likes to play around like that,” Elle dismissed.

I was about to tell her off, when Dallas stepped in my way.

“Willa,” he greeted with a bow of his head.

“Is there something I can help you with Dallas?” I asked. I always had to make sure that my Pack members were doing well.

“Dallas? We live in Texas. How original!” Wren scoffed quietly behind me.

Dallas looked around me to glare at Wren and when I looked at Wren he had a slight blush going on out of embarrassment. He didn’t think we would be able to hear him. I smirked slightly before turning my attention back to Dallas.

“Yeah, well, I wanted to see if you were free this Friday,” he said confidently.

I stared wide eyed at him before I looked over at Wren and Elle. They had obviously heard his question and were waiting expectantly to hear my answer. I quickly grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the others. Of course the other wolves in the room would be able to hear if they were close enough, but Wren and Elle wouldn’t be able to.

“Dallas, you can’t keep asking me these things. Your birthday is on Friday and you’ll find your mate soon after that. I know that I’m not your mate. Just save us both the trouble and keep your thoughts about me quiet because I can still hear them. Now, I hope this is the last time that I have to have this type of talk with you because next time I don’t think I will be so kind,” I chastised him.