Chapter Thirty-Five - I am Coming to Find You

© 2015, Briana Hernandez

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

*WARNING: Willa hurts someone in this chapter and although I did not go too much into detail, it might be too much for some. You have been warned.*

☼☼ Chapter Thirty-Five ☼☼- ♦♦ I am Coming to Find You ◊◊

After Caleb had left to pack up some of his things and to say goodbye to Luisa, I left to find Dr. Adams.

Dr. Adams had a peculiar history. He is Old Pat's half-brother. Old Pat's father had been previously married to a woman who was not his mate; this rarely happened, but he had not met his mate when he turned eighteen, so his parents married him off to a girl whose mate had died in battle. Soon afterward, Dr. Adams was born. It wasn't until he was two that their father had run into his true mate when he had gone out of the country on business. Their father had completely forgotten about his wife and he left her with a son while he built a new family with his mate. Dr. Adam's mother died three years later of a broken heart, which is something that does not happen often, but she truly loved both her mate and her husband, so the loss of both men from her life was too much to bear.

Dr. Adams was welcomed into Old Pat's family with open arms because although his father left his mother, he still made the effort to see Dr. Adams. Suffice to say, Dr. Adams was very upset over the loss of his mother and the fact that his father had left them for his mate. So, he decided to drop the Cavanaugh name and he took on his mother's last name. He claimed that he still wanted her name to live on and not be forgotten even though it appeared that everyone else had forgotten her.

He and Old Pat were the only children, so they have had a rough relationship. Dr. Adams has been our doctor for decades. He was also the doctor that delivered me and Bryson.

I quickly got in my car and sped off to his house. The sun had set, so he must be at home by now. I got there when his family was just sitting down for dinner, so they seemed extremely worried at the intrusion.

"Alpha Bennett, what brings you to our home?" Dr. Adams' wife, Faith, asked as she did a bow.

"I need to speak with your husband. It's urgent," I replied as I entered her home.

She hurriedly ushered me to their dinning room where Dr. Adams and their two children and their spouses sat around the table.

"Theodore, Alpha Bennett is here to speak with you," Faith told him as she gestured towards me.

The room took notice of me and instantly sprang to their feet as they bowed for me.

"Good evening, I have urgent matters to speak to you about. Shall we take this conversation elsewhere?" I suggested as I allowed them to sit.

Dr. Adams nodded and then escorted me to his office. "Alpha, what brings you here with such urgency?" He gestured for me to take a seat across from him and I did, but I was a bit anxious.

"You're the doctor that was there when my mother gave birth to us, so tell me how it's possible that our birth certificates say this," I demanded as I pulled the envelope from my jacket and place them on his desk.

His brows furrow as he cautiously pulled the birth certificates out and looked them over. He was silent as he examined them and then he put them back in the envelope before sliding them back towards me again. "I don't believe I see a problem," he calmly stated as he sat back in his seat.

I scoffed and shook my head. "You know exactly what I'm referring to. Those are our real birth certificates. So, tell me why they say that I'm the one that is three minutes older than Bryson?"