Chapter Thirty-Seven - I Would Never be Happy

© 2016, Briana Hernandez

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

☼☼ Chapter Thirty-Seven☼☼- ♦♦ I Would Never be Happy◊◊

My breathing was heavy and my skin was layered in sweat. I had been training for the past two hours to relieve some of the pent up anger and stress.

Caleb had called me earlier on in the day to tell me that Lloyd Stanz was planning something. There was an unusual amount of Rogues around Stanz and there seemed to be more coming. Caleb thought that they might be planning to strike on my birthday because it was only four days away and I agreed with him because it would be the perfect time. Especially since they will think that I will find my mate and that he will be someone that I am not willing to lose.

They are right in thinking that, but I will just have to avoid my mate for sometime after everything is resolved. That should not be too hard.

I told Caleb to come back home because he was gone for a few days and I heard that newly mated couples find it excruciatingly painful to be away from each other. At least, that is what Luisa told me when she asked if we could sit and eat when I was on my break during my shift at the diner the other night.

I had also checked in with Josh regarding Trevor and it was just as I had expected. Trevor was sloppy when he thinks he has gotten away with something.

Josh caught Trevor making frequent visits to a bar up state that is known as the occasional hangout for Rogues passing by. I told Josh to stay there for another day to see if he could find out more and then he was to come back and plan along with us.

I had called a meeting with the Elders and Warriors so that I could meet with them after school.

I finally told them about some of the situations going on. By some, I mean I told them that there was an army of Rogues planning an attack. The Elders complained about me holding information, but I assured them that there was nothing to be worried about. The Warriors immediately began to go over strategic planning. I gave them the most likely direction that the Rogues will be coming from, but so far it looks like they were making a point of changing their initial locations. After four hours of planning, we all ate and decided to train.

The Warriors also agreed that it looks like my birthday is when they are planning to attack.

So now, I was practicing certain scenarios I might find myself in. I was surrounded by five other Warriors and I would be lying if I said it was easy to take them down. Usually I found it easy to fight against this many men but all of their thoughts were jumbling up in my mind and it was throwing me off.

My shirt had been pulled on, so it barely hung on to me and instead of leaving it,I threw it off of me. I was left in my sports bra and gray sweats.

I had just flipped one of the guys that came at me when a voice stopped me.

"Willa!" I turned at his voice as if it was the most important thing at the moment. It was a mistake because the instant that I turned, the guys took that as an opening and the remaining four jumped me.

I got an elbow to the mouth before I managed to kick them off of me. Someone threw a punch that grazed my right brow before I crouched down and managed to kick them off their feet as my leg shot out in a circular motion.

"Alright, time out guys," I huffed as I straightened my stance.

The biggest Warrior, Mike liked at me wide-eyed. "My apologies Alpha, I did not-"

I cut him off with a wave of my hand. I ran my tongue over my bottom lip and tasted blood. I smirked at him and said, "Don't worry about it. I deserved what I got. Never get distracted, right?"