Chapter Twenty-Seven - Apparently, I'm Jailbait

© 2014, Briana Hernandez

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

☼☼ Chapter Twenty-Seven ☼☼- ♦♦ Apparently, I’m Jailbait ◊◊

"Now, to your left," Deputy Chambers instructed before there was a flash of light as my mug shot was taken.

"Okay, now that my senses have cleared why am I under arrest?" I asked after my self loathing had cleared and I realized the situation I was in.

"That man that you beat was near death. You are staying the night here," he replied. 

"I told you, he held my friend at knifepoint. Wren and Cash told you that too," I argued as he waved his hand so that I could face forward.

Another flash went off as my picture was taken again. "And that will have to be prove under the court of law," he retorted in that tone of finality.

I smirked as he made his way towards me again. "I don't think you want that to be proven. You know who I am and you don't like me," I speculated as I assessed his face.

He looked around but the other deputy that was here was fast asleep in his chair. "You're a Bennett. All of you feel so entitled, your father especially," he grunted as he started to shove me back towards my cell.

"Ah, so it's not me you hate but him. Well, get in line right behind me," I said as he pushed me through and slammed the cell door. "This won't last though, I will get out and I will make sure you lose your job because you think it will fulfill this vendetta against my father. You let your emotions get in the way of doing your job." I called out as he walked away. 

I saw as he turned and threw me a glare before he left to his station. 

"Mmm mmm mmm, the fine ones never really end up here. I'm going to like you," I heard the voice of a woman coming toward me from the other side of the cell. This woman sounded like she did every drug on the planet.

"You touch me and I will rip out your intestines and shove it so far up your ass that you'll be shitting out of your mouth instead," I growled before she could get too close to me.

"Feisty and beautiful. What are you in here for, jailbait?" She asked as she stood about two feet from me. I could now see her face clearly and let me tell you, it was not pretty. Her cheeks were sunken in, her pale skin wrinkled, her blue eyes dull, most of her teeth were gone, and her black hair was wiry as it poked out of her ponytail.

"I almost killed a man with my fists," I bit out as I watched her movements.

"Boyfriend?" She questioned as she reached a hand out but I swatted it away roughly. "Now, that wasn't very nice," she said before she pulled something out of her shirt. It glinted in the little light and I automatically knew it was a blade. "That face won't be so pretty once I'm through with you," she sneered as she jabbed it at me quickly.

I moved out of the way just in time. I was not about to get diseases from her blade, even though that would be impossible. I sighed before I grabbed her neck and hit the pressure point there, effectively making her pass out. 

"Yes, I believe you won't be bothering me tonight," I muttered as I shoved her to the side of the cell. I took out the rag she had in her pocket and grabbed it before shoving it through the cracks of the cell door. 

I was not going to sleep here, so instead I settled for pacing around and mind linking.

"Caleb, I need to get out of here. You know how I get in small cramped places," I told him.