Chapter Nine- Okay, That's Enough Facebook for Life

© 2013, Briana Hernandez

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

☼☼ Chapter Nine ☼☼- ♦♦ Okay, That’s Enough Facebook for Life◊◊

“Ahh. Oh. Ohh. Come on, baby. Yes. Yes. Yes! YES!” I screamed out as I reached up to wipe the sweat off of my forehead.

“Yes!” I yelled out again as I jumped out of the car to admire the smooth, sanded down surface.

“You know, that would be a total turn on if you were yelling that out to a male instead of a hunk a junk of a car,” Caleb said  as he strolled over to me.

“I’m just really excited that I got it running,” I waved him off as I patted the hood of my car.

“Oh, so you get really excited when you turn things on?” He asked with a playful grin.

“Shut up! What are you doing here?” I asked him instead.

“Everyone’s at the diner for your human friend’s birthday. Grandpa sent me to bring you over,” he told me as he looked at me sternly.

“He’s not my friend and I’m not going,” I bit out harshly.

“Oh come on! You care about him and his sister more than you care to admit,” Caleb pushed.

“They’re human. Why the hell would I care about them?” I asked, rhetorically.

“So, what? You’re just going to stay here and continue moaning and groaning to your dumb old car?” Once the words were out of his mouth, my anger was over the moon.

I quickly grabbed his collar in my fist, shoved him against the car, and hovered over him. “I’m your Alpha! You will not speak to me like that! Am I clear?” I yelled in his face.

He quickly looked away from my scorching glare and nodded. “Yes, Alpha,” he murmured out.

I immediately felt remorse for having to speak to him like that, but the Alpha blood in me did not tolerate disrespect. “Listen, Caleb, I don’t feel like partying and spending time with people. I sure as hell don’t want to go out and care about humans,” I said in a slightly less harsh tone.

“I just didn’t want you to be alone,” he explained.

“I could be in a room full of hundreds of people and still feel like the loneliest person on the planet. A party ain’t going to change that,” i told him, my accent for some reason became more prominent.

“Okay, I’ll let Gramps know that you were busy,” he gave in as he waved goodbye and left.

After he was gone, I slumped against my car. I felt bad for getting happy-go-lucky Caleb upset. I sighed and ambled my way back into the house. Once inside, I went over and threw myself face first onto the sofa. No matter how hard I tried, the events of this morning were playing in my head like a never ending movie.

~~

He dug in his pocket for his phone and then checked the screen. “Well, in about five minutes, it’ll be my birthday, but I won’t be officially eighteen until 6:34 AM,” he replied.

“You’ll be eighteen?” I asked as a thought occurred to me. If he were to be a werewolf then he would find his mate on his eighteenth birthday.

He nodded and then asked, “When’s your birthday?”

“April fifth,” I replied shortly. Five minutes later we managed to breakthrough onto the clearing and ahead of us was the lake. The slight waterfall was still throwing water into the lake.