Chapter Ten- You Give Me Nose Bleeds

© 2013, Briana Hernandez

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

☼☼ Chapter Ten ☼☼- ♦♦You Give Me Nose Bleeds◊◊

I could feel someone stroking my hair. I almost wanted to just keep my eyes closed and get lost in their gentle touch, but then my head was wracked with another immense pain.

My eyes shot open and I looked around. “What the fuck?” I groaned out as I took notice of the dark blue walls and that I was laying in a huge bed wrapped in a fluffy black blanket. I started to stretch my muscles, but I was interrupted by someone clearing their throat. I turned my head and was faced by a very relieved Wren.

“You’re awake,” he stated.

“No, I’m asleep,” I replied with my usual snark. Then I muttered, “Dumbass,” as I sat up. That’s when I realized that the comforter had fallen away from my lower half and that I was only wearing an oversized shirt. It wasn’t even my shirt! I pulled the collar towards my nose and sniffed. It was Wren’s shirt, all right. The only good thing was that I was wearing my undergarments. My very lacy and barely there undergarments and it wasn’t my fault that my mother had started slutting up my wardrobe a bit and I was in a hurry this morning. “What the hell is going on?” I asked him.

“You were passed out and I carried you here. I made sure no one saw you, but you were starting to worry me. You’ve been out for almost two hours,” he explained.

“First, good boy on paying attention to my directions and second, I meant what the hell is going with the change of clothes,” I bit back as I tried to cover myself with the blanket but I was still too weak and I slumped back into the bed instead.

“Oh… Well, you had blood all over yourself so I wanted to change you so that you wouldn’t be dirty when you awoke,” he nervously scratched his neck and looked away.

“You do know that my house is right next door, right?” I asked.

“But if I took you there then I wouldn’t know where anything was and I didn’t think you would appreciate me going into your bedroom,” he replied, quickly.

“Smart boy,” I murmured. I stared up at the ceiling for a minute in silence before the nausea hit me again. I immediately jumped out of the bed and opened the nearby door, hoping that it was the bathroom. Luck, er, no I wasn’t feeling all that lucky today, but it was indeed the bathroom and for that I was thankful.

I threw up the contents of whatever was left in my stomach. Then my nose started bleeding and I had accidentally tilted my head back, causing all of the blood to go down my throat, again, making me gag on the blood and in turn throw up the blood.

“Shh. It’s okay. Everything is going to be fine,” Wren cooed as he rushed up to me and smoothed my hair away from my face. I calmed down a bit from his soothing touch, but I couldn’t look at him with the tears running down my face. I felt horrible. I groaned out as I finally stopped ten minutes later. Wren now had his arms around me and I just sagged into his hold. He rubbed the tears away with his thumbs and then lifted my chin so that I was looking at him. He brought a damp washcloth to my face and gently started to clean me off.

“You’re too good,” I murmured as I moved my face and nuzzled into his neck, breathing him in.

“I’m not good. I just care about you,” he mumbled as he buried his face in my hair.

“Why?” I couldn’t help but ask why he was always there for me.

“Someone has to do it. You can’t do it all by yourself.” I could feel him slightly sniffing my hair.