Chapter Five- Now, to Get Ready for the Fight

© 2013, Briana Hernandez

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

☼☼ Chapter Five☼☼- ♦♦Now, to Get Ready for the Fight◊◊ 

After I got over what Wren said, I made my way inside to look over all of my paperwork. There were six couples announcing their mating this Saturday and that was only here in Texas. Keep in mind that I own half of the U.S. And Canada. And Mexico. We’re a very powerful and very huge pack. So I was going to the other twenty-four states that I had possession over to visit for a bit to check how everything is going. This was the whole reason that college was out of the question. After graduation I was going to be doing a lot of traveling and taking care of the hundreds of people in my pack. My parents had spoiled us in letting me and Bryson grow up in one place for so long and for that, now I would have to be living in different pack houses for months in order to be more acquainted with my people.

I think that’s why my parents want me to graduate early. They’re probably hoping that I’ll find my mate once I hit eighteen and that he’ll be the answer to their prayers. He’ll most likely be the powerful male wolf that they want to help me run the pack or more like they want me to help run the pack. Once I find my wolf mate he would become Alpha and I would be pushed off to the side as the helpful Luna. The Alpha title would still be passed down to a Bennett because my mate would be taking on the name not the other way around and our heir would be the next Bennett Alpha. This was all a big ordeal because when I find my mate I’m not letting him take Alpha so easily, I’m going to make sure he can handle everything without becoming power hungry.

I got up from my chair as I rubbed my eyes and moved over to the small radio to turn it on. I really didn’t need the added on stress and that was exactly what finding my mate entailed. I put all of those thoughts aside as I worked on reading all of my paperwork and then finished off my homework. It was around midnight when I finished all of my office work so next was running the border. I threw some cold water on my face so that I could wash away the sleepiness before I headed outside.

My street was a single row of houses and my house happened to be the last one on the block, so it wasn’t hard to walk into the neighboring forest to the left of my house in order for me to shift. Shifting had become second nature to me and it wasn’t as painful as the first time. It was still slightly painful but I always ignored it just like I ignored the dark chocolate brown fur of mine that was identical to my brother’s. I listened around to make sure no one was watching before I stripped down to nothing. I folded my clothes and hid them under a bush before I shifted and took off. I tried taking my time, but I was done in about three and a half hours.

“How are you doing, Alpha?” Colby asked as I walked by him.

“Good, just doing a bit of patrol myself,” I mind linked him since I didn’t want to be standing stark naked in front of him. He was shirtless and only wearing cut off jeans.

“You work too hard Alpha. You should head on home and get some sleep. The rest of the enforcers and I will alert you if anything goes wrong,” Colby said as he walked along side me.

“I’m not doing my job unless I work extra hard. Extra precautions are always better than the bare minimum. Keep on the look out and I’ll see you later on today,” I told him as continued walking without him.