Chapter Fourteen- You're Wifey Material

© 2013, Briana Hernandez

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

☼☼ Chapter Fourteen ☼☼- ♦♦ You’re Wifey Material ◊◊

“What the fu-” Caleb began to yell, but I quickly tackler him onto the bed and clamped my hands over his mouth.

“Shut the fuck up,” I hissed. “I didn’t expect you to react like this.”

Once he stopped wiggling and freaking out, I pulled my hands back from his face, but I stayed straddling his waist.

“How did you expect me to act, Willa?! Are you sure you’re dyin’?” He asked and that was when I knew that he was really worried. His Texan twang doesn’t come out unless he’s really upset about something.

“I’m pretty sure. I don’t want anyone knowing, but I know I can trust you. I’m trying to figure everything out,” I said. This was a very compromising position to have this conversation in. I was now straddling his lap, our heads were at least at eye level and Caleb had his hands resting on my hips.

I could see that his eyes were getting glossy when he told me, “I can’t lose you too.”

His words instantly tugged at my heart strings. I grabbed his face in between my hands and positioned him so that his forehead was touching mine and so that we were looking at each other eye-to-eye.

“I’m tryin’. I’m tryin’ to find everythin’ out. I need to figure all of these things out, but I don’t know where to start. I have to know where all of these weird powers are from. This doesn’t mean that I’m givin’ up. I know how much losing Bry really hurt you. I won’t put you through that again. You’re like my other brother. I love you, Caleb.”

By this time we had on matching smiles and Caleb opened his mouth to say something when the door flew open.

“Alpha, I’ve been—Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know you were busy. It can wait. Carry on,” Old Pat said as he awkwardly exited my room.

“Great now he thinks we were getting it on,” I groaned as I threw myself on the side of the bed.

“He’s probably doing a celebratory jig outside the door right now. You know everyone has always wanted us to be together right?”

“What?! Where did you get that from?” I almost screeched.

“Why do you think they always had us hang out so much?” He retorted.

“I don’t know, because Old Pat and my parents have always been close friends,” I supplied.

“Or because if we grew up close, there would be a big possibility that we might be mated together. Grandpa has always wished for you to be my mate. You’re wifey material,” he explained.

“Shut up! There’s no way! All this time?! I’ve never looked at you like that though.”

“Ouch! That hurt right here,” he feigned hurt as he pointed to his chest, right where his heart is. “I had a huge crush on you all throughout middle and high school. I tried to impress you the whole time we hung out.”

“You did not! I never noticed anything different about you when we were together. I thought you were being your usual goofy self,” I replied.

“Nope, I was building up the courage to ask you out. I was going to ask you the night of your birthday, but you already know how that night turned out. You were so full of grief and so was I. I knew that if I stuck around, I would just bring you down with me. So I left. Somehow through it all, I found Luis and he makes me happy.”