Chapter Sixteen- Say Something...I'm Giving up on You

© 2013, Briana Hernandez

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

☼☼ Chapter Sixteen ☼☼- ♦♦ Say Something…I’m Giving up on You ◊◊

Shit, shit, shit! I kept chanting in my head. Instead I just said, “What are you talking about?” Without waiting for his answer, I turned and got some water from the fridge.

“I think you know what I mean,” he told me.

I looked at him and pretended to think about it. “Nope, I’m pretty sure that I just went to sleep last night.”

He looked me over for a second before he sighed. “I was hoping you would have remembered so that I didn’t have to tell you about it.”

This only confused me more. “What do you mean?”

“You were sleepwalking last night. We heard someone and when we looked it was you. We tried talking to you until we realized that you weren’t actually awake, so we guided you back to your bed. I remembered that it was dangerous to wake a sleepwalker. I made sure you were finally asleep before I left. I went to check on you a little while later and realized that you weren’t there. I stayed up, but I fell asleep and then I saw you this morning and everything seemed fine. Nicolas was a bit scared, but I promised that I would talk to you. Does this happen often?”

Woo, that was a close one. He was just worried about my sleepwalking. “No…No, I don’t really sleep walk. You know what, it might be because I’m sort of stressed and I had knocked out while I was doing work. I’ll just make sure that I lock my door at night. You two have nothing to be worried about,” I lied.

He seemed to believe me because he nodded right away and said, “Okay, I was just worried that you could hurt yourself in that state. We’ll make sure to lock the front door every night as well.”

“Cool, now how was your job hunt?” I hopped up on the counter as I picked at a nearby banana.

“I was actually offered a job at a restaurant today. One of the members owns it and he offered me a position on the spot. He said that he liked to ‘help out his own.’ Who knew people could be so generous? This is a very different Pack than I am used to.”

“That’s really nice of him. My grandpa used to tell me that if someone is kind to you because they want to be, you shouldn’t do them a favor if they don’t need it, but return the favor to someone else if they truly need it. What’s the name of this place?”

“I believe it is called ‘Michael’s Bistro’. It is a fancy restaurant so I will have to dress classy. I start training tomorrow,” he replied.

“Wow, I know Michael. He’s a very nice man he likes his restaurant to be oriented around mates, but of course humans are allowed also. Speaking of mates… How do you feel about Nicolas and his?” I asked.

“He brought her over today after school. I thought she was nice enough. I’m just glad he was able to meet someone. I was scared that he was going to be secluded all of his life and that he was never going to meet someone. It seems like this move has actually turned out with something good. I’m curious though, what do you think of the girl?”

“Um…I won’t sugarcoat it for you. She comes with her fair share of problems. I’ve been trying to snap her into a respectable lady. She’s come a long way and she’s become a friend of mine. She was worried today though. I’m sure Nicolas told you how their encounter went. She ran because she was scared that he wouldn’t want her once he realized she wasn’t…pure. I’m pretty sure they worked out their differences now, but she struggled with loneliness and I suppose that was the way she filled in the void of her parents never being there,” I explained.