Chapter Twenty-Eight - Ain't That the Truth

© 2014, Briana Hernandez

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

☼☼ Chapter Twenty-Eight   ☼☼- ♦♦ Ain’t That the Truth ◊◊

When I finally got home, it was around ten at night. I don’t know what got into me, maybe it was the way things were going, but all of my anger that I had within was threatening to make an dangerous appearance and when I got like this, only more bad came out of it.

Not to be bothered with going inside, I got off my bike and headed in the direction of the trees. In order for me not to do anything I would regret doing, it was best if I was alone. I was angrily stomping around for five minutes until I heard footsteps behind me. I stopped in my tracks and reached into my knee high boots to pull out the dagger I had hiding in there. With a swift twist and flick, the dagger went sailing and it stuck in a tree, an inch from Wren’s head.

Wren let out a loud gust of air before he said, “You almost killed me!”

“You shouldn’t be following me.” He gave me an exasperated look and I frowned. “Oh, I thought we were just stating the obvious.”

“Who hides a knife in their boot anyway?” He asked as he reached up to touch the dagger.

“Don’t-” I started to warn, but he had already touched it. He instantly pulled his hand back as if he was burned.

“OW! What is that?”

I pulled out the knife from the tree and examined it with pride. “This, my friend, is a customized family dagger. I’ve got a whole shit load of these and more,” I explained before I sheathed it and stuffed it back in my boot.

Wren looked over his hand. “It stung just touching it and why did you have it in your boot?”

I shrugged. “Ever since that night with Cash, I carried one of these around in case I was stuck in a similar predicament where I wasn’t able to handle it with my hands.”

“Why so you can go around slashing people to near death without having to get your hands dirty?”

I glared at him and he shrunk back slightly. “Get the fuck away from me, Wren. It’s not the time to try and get me even more pissed than I am right now.”

“Wait, I came out here to talk to you.”

“Well, your time is up.” I did an about face and began to walk away.

“Why are you out here?” He called out.

I whirled around so quickly that Wren took a step back. “To be alone! That’s all I fucking wanted and yet you managed to ruin it.”

“You’ve been shutting everyone out since Wednesday night! Why do you continue to be alone? I would have thought you had had enough of that. I’ve become so brassed off with everything!”

“Just go home. I’m tired of arguing with you in regards to what seems right for me. I don’t need your opinion on how to live my life. Go home and listen to your parents. Stay away from me.”