Chapter 9

-=Jacky's Point of View=-

   Over the next couple days I found myself able to use magic. Just like Silverblaze, I found myself able to create and control silver fire. What was weird was I didn't have to think much about it, it just sort of came to me. Silverblaze explained to me that he didn't need to teach me magic because it would come to me almost like instinct. It was pretty cool though, sometimes in my room late at night I'd play around with it a little careful not to burn anything. Yet while this was pretty cool, I found myself distancing myself from people, fearing they would get hurt if they stayed around me. Suddenly Silverblaze's world had become mine as well and I wanted to spare my friends from finding out about all this. Nina was worried about me as a result, so I ended up going on rides in the fields with her and Kate every day so she didn't ask anything about what was going on. As my powers grew, I found myself more alert. I always knew what was happening around me and maybe it was just me but I felt like I could see and hear better as well. Silverblaze reassured me many times it was normal but sometimes it still made me nervous. I knew things wouldn't stay peaceful forever, and sure enough the day came when things changed. I was out riding with Nina and Kate and we were galloping across the fields when suddenly Oreo slid to a stop. Now I'm sure you all know by now that Oreo always stops for important things and not just at random. So when Oreo looked to the left I looked over where he was looking. I was shocked to see My running over to us, her arm bleeding badly. "My!" I yelled trotting quickly to her. Kate and Nina gasped at the sight of her arm but weirdly I didn't. "What happened!?" I asked her quickly. "It's a long story, I'll tell you later but right now I need some help!" She replied sounding desperate. "Ok, I know you don't like to ride but get on behind me, it's faster!" I told her, glad I was tackles. Surprisingly she didn't protest, just let me help her on. She wrapped her arms around me for balance and we took off the way she has come from.