Chapter 23

-=Jacky's Point of View=-

We came out of the portal into a large area with a stone floor. The sky was dark, and a large symbol glowed purple on the ground. More rocks with purple symbols were on the outside. Behind me there was a locked gate, ahead there was a huge cliff. Nina appeared next to me followed by Sunny. Suddenly a voice said "Welcome to the Secret Stone Ring" I looked over to where it had come from. Standing there was what looked like a blue squirrel. "Umm hi" I replied awkwardly. How the heck are you supposed to talk to a squirrel? The squirrel turned to Sunny. "You know coming here will speed up your pregnancy, this place is powerful. Once you leave here you will be far closer to having your foal. With how things are going it's probably good to do it soon though" he told her. "I know Fripp, and your right about that" Sunny replied. So that was his name. Fripp looked at me and Nina. "Now may I ask who these two are?" he then said. "I'm Jacky" I said quickly. Nina then added "and I'm Nina" "Well nice to meet you both, my name is Fripp" he told us. "Now Silverblaze, what brings you here?" Fripp then asked. Silverblaze told the story of what happened at the manor up until now. It sounded like something that would happen in a movie, but this was very real. "They must be close to finding the fourth Dark Rider" Fripp said "and they want to get rid of one of you so they have the advantage" Ok, that was scary. These people were out to kill us. I hoped My and Kate were alright. Almost like he read my mind Fripp then said "As for your friends, they are most likely fine Icegazer knows all the best places to hide out on this island, and he's most likely with them. As for Kate, if the last thing you saw was her falling I can't say much since I don't know enough" I really hoped she was alright. "Knowing Ice, he'd want to come here" Sunny added "I say we wait a week here in Valedale, and if they don't show up by then go out to find them" We all nodded in agreement, it seemed sensible enough. Elizabeth, who'd arrived partway through the story, offered us a place to stay and said she'd get us free stalls in the stable for our horses. After we all agreed we went back through the portal. When Sunny came out I noticed a difference in her appearance already. Her stomach was large and round, just like Fripp had said going there and back had sped it up. How that worked, I have no idea. Sunny stumbled a bit after coming out before regaining her balance. Afterward we all walked to the stables. I was glad to hear My was probably alright, but what about Kate. I replayed the scene where she fell over and over in my head before finally accepting there was nothing I could've done. I hoped she survived. She had to, I hadn't know her for long but something told me she was alright. What I don't know, but it gave me hope.