Chapter 11

-= Nina's Point of View=-

I woke up in a dark room. When that girl had dragged me away I'd fought back trying to escape until she'd hit me in the head, causing me to faint. I looked around the room but there wasn't much to see. It was a small dark room with metal walls, and a small round window that moonlight flooded through providing the dim lighting the room. My head was pounding as I sat up. "Hello?" I called out wondering if anyone else was here. I heard a bang on the wall and I turned to see that in addition to the one locked door, there was another small door on the side. This one wasn't locked. I opened it to find a small room exactly like the one I was in. I saw a palomino mare, who looked to be the same breed as Silverblaze, kicking at the wall. She was clearly the source of the banging I'd heard. "Calm down girl" I said trying to calm the horse who looked like all she wanted was to escape. She stopped kicking and looked at me. She looked like she was trying to decided if I was a friend or not. "I won't hurt you" I told her. Remembering I had it, I pulled a carrot out of my pocket. "Do you want this?" I asked holding it out. She walked up slowly and took the carrot out of my hands. I didn't see any hay scattered around here, which meant either somebody took the time to clean this room or nobody was feeding this horse. She must be starving I thought wishing I had more then just one carrot. I noticed she looked a little more relaxed now. I gently reached out and stroked her neck. She tensed for a moment but when she realized what I was doing she relaxed again. She poked at the pocket I'd gotten the carrot out of. "Sorry that's all I had" I told her feeling bad. This horse barely knew me and was pretty nervous, she must be hungry if she's trying to get food from me. I realized if they weren't feeding the horse, chances are I wasn't getting anything either. Suddenly the door to the room opened and the girl who had kidnapped me walked in. "Come on horse, let's try this again" she said to the mare who flattened her ears back. "Never" she said. It would've surprised me has I not just seen a magical battle and gotten kidnapped. The girl looked at me. "I see you found your way in with the horse" she said simply. She glanced from me to the mare. "She's letting you pet her... I wonder..." The girl mumbled to herself. The friesian from before walked up next to the girl. The friesian looked kind of surprised to see me next to the horse. "Wait, did her and Sunny.." he said trailing off. "I'm trying to figure that out" the girl replied. So her name is Sunny I thought looking at the mare. The friesian then said "Well let's find out" he walked up to Sunny and pinned his ears back. "Now I'm going to ask this once and you're going to answer, is this girl who we think she is?" I didn't know what they were talking about but Sunny clearly did. She pinned her ears back again and didn't reply. "Let's ask her" the girl said pointing at me. She pushed me into the wall and held me there. "Did you understand what my horse was saying to that mare?" she asked. I didn't know how to reply but before anyone could do anything, Sunny kicked the girl off of me. The friesian instantly ran over and blocked the exit. "Sunny, you just answered our question for us" the girl said getting up. I still had no clue what was going on at all but decided now was a bad time to ask. Suddenly wind blew through the room so powerfully I had to grab on to Sunny to avoid being tossed into the wall. The girl and her friesian were both flung into the wall. "I've been wanting to do that for a while" Sunny said. My mouth dropped realizing she was causing the wind. "Get on, they stupidly left the door open" she said looking at me. I got on without a second thought and we galloped out of there. "Hey!" the girl yelled and a moment later an alarm starting blaring. "Time to go" Sunny mumbled. Then right under me, her back shimmered and golden wings the same color as her body, appeared on either side of her. She galloped towards the edge the base we were on, which I now realized was in the middle of the ocean. Knowing what she was going to do, I got into a jumping position right before she leapt over the rail. The people on the platform could only watch as we rocketed away from the ocean base out into the night.