Chapter 20

-=Jacky's Point of View=-

"Are we almost there?" I asked Silverblaze. We'd been walking for almost an hour. Me and Nina were taking turns riding Silverblaze, we didn't want to ride Sunny while she was pregnant if we could avoid it. I was on foot right now and my feet were killing me. "Almost" Silverblaze replied. "So why are we going to Valedale?" I then asked. "I know somebody who might be able to help us there" he replied. We continued on in silence. I thought about Kate and My. I really hoped they were alright. I absentmindedly twirled some fire around my fingers, admiring the silver color the magic flames had. I heard the steady sound of hoofbeats beside me stop and I looked up to see a small town nestled in the woods. While we were stopped I switched with Nina, so I was riding now. Silverblaze seemed to know where he was going thankfully, since I knew nobody in this town. He walked right into a lady's yard, and she looked up at the sound of us coming in. "Silverblaze?" she asked sounding surprised "I haven't seen you since-" "Yeah I know, I'll explain later but we're in a pretty desperate situation right now" Silverblaze said cutting her off. "Alright, I see Sunny, but can you tell me who your friends are?" the lady asked. "I'm Jacky, and that's Nina" I said pointing to Nina as I said her name. "Nice to meet you guys, I'm Elizabeth" the lady said. She then turned to Silverblaze. "I'm assuming you want to see Fripp then?" she asked him. "Yes, is that portal still up the hill?" He asked her. "Of course, you know what to do with it I'll be up there in a minute" she replied. We turned and walked up the hill along a path behind her house. As we walked into a clearing something weird happened. There were four rocks and they all flashed briefly with purple symbols that I didn't have time to look at before fading out. Suddenly the the two on the left lit up with new symbols. One was a circle with fire inside it, the other was a circle with what looked like wind blowing in it. The other two didn't glow but the symbols could be seen in black if you looked closely. I saw one had a circle surrounding a storm cloud with a lightning bolt striking down from it. The other simply had a snowflake inside the circle. We stopped for a moment, surprised about their change before continuing to walk. Behind the area with the rocks, was a swirly path that went around to the center of the circle. Silverblaze started trotting along this swirling path. I didn't understand why at first but as we neared the middle I saw a portal open up. I glanced at Nina for a quick moment before Silverblaze leapt through, taking us to whatever was on the other side.