Chapter 4

I thought I was imagining things at first. "Did you just tell me your name?" I asked trying to figure it out. "Yes" the horse replied still sounding nervous. Not sure how to reply I awkwardly said "Umm.. I'm Jacky" I glanced at Oreo to see if he was hearing this too and found him looking at the other horse which told me everything was true. Oreo always looked at people who were talking. I tried to start the conversation again "So what happened to you? We just found you laying there on the Everwind fields" Silverblaze's expression darkened. "That would be thanks to Dark Core" he said. I'd heard of Dark Core before but not much was known about them. All I'd ever known about them was that they were a wealthy company run by a guy named Mr. Sands. When I told Silverblaze this he replied "They have many secrets they keep from the public, only the soul riders knew who they really were and it seemed like they could actually stop them, that is until that day 3 years ago..." he trailed off leaving me to wonder what had happened to these people. He walked up to the front of the stall again and said "I won't tell you what happened then, it's to much to say now, but I can tell you what happened to me" I nodded and he began to tell his story. "Just a couple days ago, me and my good friend Sundancer were out in the fields because we'd heard a rumor about our long lost friend, Icegazer, being in the area. We searched around for maybe two hours and just as we had given up hope we saw him, tied up on a hill. We didn't think about why and just ran towards him and he yelled for us to run. By the time we realized what he was saying it was to late, Dark Core attacked us on all sides. We tried to fight back but it was hopeless and they quickly overwhelmed us. I was injured badly and I think the only reason they didn't take me was because I couldn't walk, but they captured Sunny and forced her into a trailer. Icegazer broke away during this and bolted, he could be anywhere by now. I spent the next day I think laying there, fainting every couple hours and waking up with no idea how much time had passed until you and Oreo found me." Silverblaze sighed sadly as if he had just relived the entire thing. I didn't know what to say so I just reached out and put a hand on his neck. He spooked for a second then calmed down seeming to appreciate the comfort. We stood there in silence for about ten minutes. I looked at the time to see it was 11:30 at night. I knew I should go but I didn't want to leave this horse like this. So I sat down and leaned against the stall door and drifted off to sleep there thinking about what I'd just been told and how My was so going to laugh at me for doing this again.