The Call That Made It Worse.

I turned the TV off and looked at Mallory who looked petrified.

"Ellie... what the-"

She was cut off by the phone ringing. I stood up as Mallory raised her eyebrow, "didn't Sonny,-"

"Lie to me? Yea. He did." I finished as I picked up the phone, "Hello?"

"Hello?"

"Who is this....?"

"This is doctor Seljin. I'm calling to see how Ellie is holding up."

I hung you the phone. I don't have time for doctors and crap, in my opinion I'm holding up just fine. Besides the fact that Im stressed as hell.

I looked at the time, only 7:00. But i dont care, im going to bed.

I layed down on the couch and rolled over, "night Mallory. I'm going to bed."

"Don't you want to sleep in your bed downstairs?"

"No....not tonight."

Mallory was silent. I think I just needed some sleep. I slowly closed my eyes as everything seemed to drift away.

--------

I slowly opened the basement door and crept downstairs.

It seemed forever to get down to the basement. As I did, I heard the screams and the terror of the victims.

I just seemed to stand there. A male voice was screaming over father's chainsaws and knifes and all the blood splashing over the table he was on.

Father slowly turned his head, "why Hello Ellie, would you like to know the name of my kill?"

I nodded my head slowly.

He stepped aside as I went up to the table to see who it was, I gasped in terror.

"Sonny, Sonny was the name of my kill"

--------

I sat up and started screaming on the top of my lungs. All I could hear myself screaming is the word "no"

I took a second to look at my surroundings and sighed. Sonny came running in the room, "Ellie! Are you okay?"

I started to cry, "n-no"

"Ellie...." He sighed as he hugged me, "its okay..."

He got a tissue box, "here, your nose is bleeding"

I took the tissue and wiped the blood off of my face. "Are you okay...? Did you have a nightmare?"

I nodded, Sonny made an understanding expression and sighed, "well. I would feel like the world's most crappiest brother if I didn't sleep near you tonight."

I gave him a look, he layed down on the other couch, "no...Sonny its fine...you don't have too."

Sonny shrugged, "but no my dear beloved sister, I want too" He smiled, I rolled my eyes.

"Goodnight."

"Night Ellie"

Right when I closed my eyes. The damn phone rang. I groaned, "I'll get it" Sonny said.

"Hello?"

Sonny gave a terrified look. "How did you get this number? We changed this number...."

Sonny shook his head and covered the phone with his hand. "Don't be alarmed, its father. He wants to speak to you."

I started to shake as I took the phone, "h-hello...?"

"Ellie! Did you miss me?"

I was quiet.

"Anyways, did you hear that tape that's all over the news and such?"

I was quiet again.

"Great! I bet you Did. Anyways, I wanted to stop by, see how everyone's holding up, you know....im already in the neighborhood so...."

I dropped the phone. "Call....call th-the cops..." I barley said.

Sonny picked up the phone and hung it up and called 911. He put it on speaker.

"911 What's your emergency?"

"Uh, Hi...this is Sonny and Ellie Baker. I don't know if you know us, but our father called and...."

"Sonny and Ellie? Your father called?"

"Uh, Yes. He recently escaped a psychiatric hospital, He's crazy and he told us he might stop by our house."

"Alright. I'm sending a car now, hold old are you and your sister?"

"I'm 20 and Ellie's 14. We have Ellie's sisters living with us too. Mallory is 14 and Crystal is 23, and she has a infint."

"Do you think all of you will be okay if i ended the call? The car is 2 minutes away"

"We're fine"

Sonny hung up the phone. "should we wake up Mallory and Crystal?" I asked,

"No..."

Sonny looked out the window, "Oh great, the cars here." Sonny said in relief. I looked out the window as well,

"Sonny, that's not a cop car...."

It was a black van. "Why would you think that's a cop car...?"

"I don't know I just took a quick glimpse at it, what...what do we do...?"

I was about to say something,

But the phone rang.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

CatSmilesForBandits_